APPAREL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT DESIGNER
APPAREL PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT DESIGNER (6-Month contract) LULA APPAREL, Inc. is an international apparel distribution and licensing company that provides U.S. streetwear, lifestyle, and action-sports brands to its Asia Pacific markets. We are looking for a highly skilled, in-house contract product developer to join our dynamic staff. If you are a creative team player, this is an ideal opportunity for you. Working directly with the President/Creative Director and cross-functional partners in our Hong Kong office, this position is responsible for managing all aspects of product development, multi-stage execution and achieving calendar milestones. The Apparel Product Developer will maintain the development and quality of assigned apparel products to meet the needs of the licensed brand direction and retailers in Asia Pacific. ? Note: Must be highly proficient in Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) as well as professional business communication software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook). ? You must include samples of your work or a portfolio to be considered. ? While not required for this job, being bilingual in English and Mandarin can be a plus. Your Role
- Develop apparel concepts, designs for brands under licensed agreements with our company.
- Build flat drawings and line overviews as directed.
- Presentation preparation - support the design team in preparation for major gates e.g, file set up and mockups / prototypes etc.
- Assist in development process to manage pre-allocation of styles for different vendors.
- Responsible for tracking all Protos, SMS, Pre-Production and TOP samples.
- Assist sales team as needed in the placement of Purchase Orders.
- Assist in monitoring production status of all programs by season and managing production schedule.
- Build strong working relationships with vendors and cross functional teams to help foster an environment of partnership and trust.
- Have a deep knowledge of material costs, components and the ability to design into margin targets, with strong experience in working with vendors and manufacturers to negotiate pricing and terms.
- WIP management. Assist in collection of WIPs from all vendors. Send out communications to factories regarding WIP.
- Act as the first point of contact when design input is needed for other departments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a minimum 3+ years of experience in product development.
- Prior experience working with overseas suppliers.
- Knowledge of garment or accessories construction, fabrics and costing.
- Understanding of fit, pattern making and grading.
- Highly developed conceptual thinking, problem-solving skills and ability to effectively pitch ideas.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive and result oriented attitude able to work well independently and with co-workers.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred (not required)
- Experience in the skate, actions sports and streetwear industry.
- Photography and videography capabilities.
- Employee discounts on merchandise.
- Workplace perks such as snacks/beverages.
- Paid holidays
$26.00-26.00 per Hour