Apparel Production Planner & Buyer
Karen Kane is a well-established apparel brand that has been manufacturing women’s apparel for over 40 years. The brand has had rapid growth on ecommerce in recent years, and continues to have successful long-lasting relationships with major stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdale’s. From its start, the company has remained family-run and privately owned.
We are seeking an experienced a production professional within the apparel industry, who has knowledge of product sourcing, negotiation and garment production processes. You must have an effective way of communicating with overseas suppliers under ethical and socially compliant standards. You will be the key to ensuring product optimization: for the best quality, best cost, and best delivery. The successful candidate for this position will be an organized, hard-working, detail-oriented, resourceful, and flexible problem-solver who takes ownership and responsibility of tasks.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Build and manage seasonal Time-In-Actions with suppliers to meet seasonal deadlines for development and procurement
- Ensure testing protocols are established and adhered
- Actively review Sales bookings against cancel dates and production in distribution center dates
- Alert Merchandising and Customer Service of problems and resolutions as they arise
- Ensure system dates are met or appropriate changes are made
- Advise Merchandising/Sales on delivery/margin challenges as they arise
- Track, receive and confirm sales bookings at various stages
- Handle final cost negotiation with factories as soon as orders have been passed
- Communicate and follow up with vendors and factories on a daily basis
- Track garment deliveries and troubleshoot issues to maintain on time delivery
- Communicate effectively with cross functional teams; update the teams regularly on deliveries and alert the teams of any unexpected issues and negotiate resolutions with vendors
- Coordinate logistics and import traffic with factories and logistic partners
- Document all charge-backs and non-compliance issues for senior management to review
- Timely PO processing to ensure raw materials and finished goods deliveries are secured
- Manage and review all on order styles and deliveries through the WIP, ensuring all systems and POs reflect correct costs and delivery dates for vendors
- Troubleshoot with key personnel on problematic styles before they become larger issues
Skills & Requirements:
- At least 5 years of applicable experience in apparel production
- Must have extensive experience with fabrics.
- Must have experience with overseas factories and manufacturing
- Must have experience working with factories directly
- Must have the ability to drive change through leadership skills across multiple departments
- Adaptable team player who can also work independently
- Strong computer literacy skills (proficient in Microsoft Office applications: mainly Excel)
- Understanding of apparel production process
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage workflow and projects
- Self-Motivated, creative problem solver with a strong sense of urgency
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills and incredible attention to detail
- 401k plan with company match.
- Comprehensive healthcare, dental, and vision plan.
- Clothing discount.
- Voluntary life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability policies.
- Voluntary free annual biometric health test.
- Early access to company sample sales.
- Company-sponsored Wellness program.
- Access to free monthly health & mindfulness webinars.
- Seasonal monetary awards for participation in company Fitness Challenges.
- Partial healthcare-subsidized fitness membership to 10,000 gym locations across the country.
- Company-subsidized discounts to theme parks & local attractions, including Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, Legoland, Six Flags, Sea World, and Southern California sports teams; discounts to brands including Vitamix, Sonos, and others.