Apparel Surface Designer
We are seeking an Apparel Surface Designer who will support with the creation of original brand artworks for the Hanna Andersson customer across all apparel and sleep product categories. You will work directly with the Surface Design Director to initiate and develop concepts each season that are on brand and reflective of the creative vision. This position requires strong illustration and technical skills.
- Illustrate and create original prints and graphics for apparel and sleepwear divisions.
- Design all over, engineered and placement prints.
- Work closely with design team to set concept, color, and print direction consistent with brand strategies.
- Color-match, generate and update digital color palettes.
- Color all artwork to seasonal palette specifications; create repeats of prints.
- Create factory ready artwork packages and pitch sheets.
- Advise on print techniques across multiple fabrics.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to oversee styles through the product development process.
- Communicate submit comments, approvals, and track development with vendor partners.
- Stay current and inspired by trends within the world of graphic design and art.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Textiles & Surface Design or related degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Print and Graphic experience in the Fashion Industry.
- Strong Illustration skills.
- Knowledge of apparel surface design as it relates to fabrication, print repeats and printing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience designing original prints using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced technical skill using of Adobe design tools: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- High taste level and excellent eye for color, graphics, print and pattern.
- Strong sense of layout, typography, graphic trends, and artwork.
- Solution oriented, critical thinker with ability to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Awareness of current fashion trends and understanding of the childrenswear marketplace.
- A high-energy team player with a can-do attitude willing to learn and grow with the company.
How Hanna supports a happy, meaningful life:
Hanna Andersson believes that health and well-being should be shared by everyone. Thus, we offer the following benefits and perks for our team members:
- Medical/dental/vision with HSA & Healthcare FSA
- Time Off Program + Holidays + Volunteer Days
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Short/long term disability
- Generous Merchandise discount
This position has an annual base salary range of $75,000 - $85,000. This listed base salary range is a good faith representation of the base salary range for this position. However, location, unique skills and/or exceptional experience may result in an offer outside of the stated range.
Hanna Talent Cultivation Standards:
With a rise in cyber-criminal activity, please note Hanna will never:
- Ask for any sensitive personal information via email, text, or other forms of instant messaging
- Interview you via email and/or send you a list of questions in lieu of an interview
- Extend an offer without speaking to you via phone or video call
- Ask for bank account or financial information during the recruiting process
Legitimate email communication will only be done to and from @hannaandersson.com email addresses. Please examine messages carefully to ensure this is the domain you are receiving messages from, as cybercriminals may also utilize domains that look similar but may have one letter off (such as @hannaander$son.com).
Hanna Andersson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Hanna Andersson prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation of any kind. Hanna Andersson encourages applicants of all ages.