Apparel Technical Designer - Product Development
Our Company, located in Arkansas, has an exceptional career opportunity available for a talented Apparel Garment Technician to join our Product Development Men's Team.
· Translates Product Concepts from Merchandising/Design Groups into Product Specification Packages for Private Brand Merchandise. This includes Size Specifications, Detailed Drawing of Garment, and Construction Specifications that Create an Integrated Set of Product Blueprints Based on Design Concepts
· Provides Technical Evaluation for Size, Fit and Construction Details
· Conducts Fit Sessions on Mannequins and Live Models
· Assign and Ensure Enforcement of Company Apparel Specifications and Standards Required to Reflect Best Fit and Quality Construction while Supporting Inspired Styling that is Relative to Private Brand Strategies
· Understands and Works Within Production Calendars
· Experience in Conducting Remote Fit Sessions (Using 3D Software Preferred)
· Min. 5 Years’ Experience
· Min. 2 Years’ Experience Working with Pattern Making, Markers, and Grading by Hand and/or on Pattern Design Software. Factory Experience Preferred.
· Experience and Knowledge of Apparel Fabrics including Circular Knits, Wovens and Sweaters
· Diverse Experience Working with Men’s Apparel in Woven Shirts, Knit Shirts, Woven Bottoms, Seasonal Outerwear, Denim, and Blazers
· Knowledge and Experience Evaluating Quality Garment Construction
· Knowledge of Best Practices Regarding Machinery and Stitch Choices
· Professional Attitude
· Strong Communication and Organizational Skills
· Team Player
· Experienced with Product Development Software including Gerber/Lectra Pattern Design Software, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office. 3D experience preferred.
· At Least two years College Associate Degree with a Focus on Technical Design or Significant Compensating Manufacturing Product Development Experience
· Understanding of Garment Consumption and Costing