Apparel Technical Designer/Product Developer
Northstar Sourcing is experiencing exciting growth within our apparel division and we are currently looking for a Technical Designer/Product Developer to manage and execute development for newly added apparel businesses. A successful candidate will be a leader with experience in Technical Design and product development who is collaborative, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service. This is an opportunity to have high impact decisions and to work with a great team.
- Role involves daily communication and customer service with apparel clients, Northstar internal team, overseas’ Northstar offices, and external factories.
- Partners with Design to create Tech packs in PLM.
- Manages fittings and communicates technical information to the factories
- Drives seasonal calendar to ensure Northstar hits key product development deliverables
- Partner with Customer and Northstar team to manage development approvals including fabric standards, trims, lab dips, strike offs, wash standards, labeling, packaging, and test reports
- Collaborate with Customer and Design to source fabric and trims to hit Customer target goals and price points
- Manage all sample tracking to inform Customer weekly status updates
- Responsible for complete style lifecycle in our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software including Tech Pack entry
- Manage line plan changes in our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and communication to cross functional teams
- Responsible for timely workflow of deliverables and timelines, building strong partnerships with Northstar cross-functional team members and apparel clients
- Review all samples for design details and construction prior to reviewing with customer and fitting
- Arrange and track shipments including samples, knit downs, and strike offs to the customer as needed
- Minimum 5 years’ previous experience in an apparel technical design and product development role with production
- Solution based problem solver in fast paced environment
- Ability to approach technical design and product development in unique new ways to support customer’s brand needs
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to work independently and collaboratively, building strong working relationships with cross functional teams
- Self-motivated - able to seek out new projects and tasks, desire to meet and exceed objectives
- Detail oriented with ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and adjust to shifting company priorities
- Proficient in Excel, Power Point, and Word;
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Passion for premium product