Apparel Visual Merchandiser
Downeast is seeking a talented and experienced Visual Merchandiser to join our women's apparel team. The Visual Merchandiser will play a critical role in creating visually appealing store presentations and ensuring the brand's identity is conveyed effectively to ultimately drive sales. This position requires a keen eye for detail, creativity, and a strong sense of fashion trends to keep our brand relevant. The Visual Merchandiser will report to the Director of Visual Merchandising, managing the visual direction and execution in all stores.
Job Title: Visual Merchandiser - Downeast Apparel
Job Type: Full-Time; Exempt; Benefited
- Create engaging in-store presentations to enhance the shopping experience and drive sales.
- Develop seasonal window displays that capture the essence of the brand and attract customers into our stores.
- Plan and execute monthly floorsets and send out detailed directives for store consistency.
- Analyze sales reports to identify opportunities for merchandising strategy.
- Conduct weekly store visits, training employees to ensure visual standards are upheld.
- Provide weekly real-time updates to stores through our internal newsletter, email communication, and photo feedback.
- Source visual elements such as mannequins, display fixtures, and props to keep our stores looking refreshed while maintaining budget.
- Partner with designers, buyers, marketing, field leaders, and store teams to achieve company goals.
- Coordinate and implement in-store marketing distribution.
- Physical requirements- you will need to be able to push, lift, and carry 30+ pounds of merchandise, use a ladder, and be on your feet for entirety of regular working hours.
- Regular working hours are M-F, 8AM to 5PM, with flexibility for travel and special projects/events, outside of normal business hours.
- Regular store visits are required in order to train employees on product and elevate in-store presentations.
- 10% - 20% of travel to various retail store locations required on a monthly basis.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum 2 years of retail experience, particularly in visual merchandising.
- College education in a related field is preferred.
- Strong creative abilities and a passion for staying up to date with fashion trends and industry competitors.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills; proficiency in Word & Excel.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks with convergent timelines.
- Strong organizational/problem solving skills and attention to detail, with ability to assist in managing several projects at once.
About the Company: