Apprentice Jeweler - Signet Jewelers - Stonefield Parcel - Charlottesville, VA
We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
J oin our Field Design & Service Center Team! Whether you are just starting your career or an experienced Jeweler, we have plenty of opportunities for your growth and success. Start as an Apprentice Jeweler completing administrative/clerical tasks and polishing jewelry, and work toward becoming a Bench Jeweler. We are also looking for candidates with knowledge of stone setting, sizing, polishing and jewelry repair. Working with our team gives you the opportunity to advance from beginner to artisan in a unique promote-from-within environment.
Shine with Signet!
Signet Jewelers, the world’s largest specialty retail of diamond jewelry, is currently seeking entry-level Jeweler Apprentices to join our Field Design & Service Center Teams! As you begin your career as a jeweler apprentice, we have plenty of opportunities for your growth and success. Signet’s Design & Service Centers offer a full training program to elevate your skills from apprentice to jeweler.
As an apprentice, you will learn the business from the ground up, this will entail full administrative responsibilities, including customer service, interacting with both our stores and customers, completing administrative/clerical tasks, photography of jewelry for intake/tracking and learning the basics of jewelry repair starting with polishing and quality control, all while you train toward becoming a bench jeweler. While we are seeking candidates with any basic jewelry or jewelry repair knowledge, we will also consider any candidate that has a passion and desire to learn the jeweler trade. Working with our team gives you the opportunity to advance from apprentice to artisan in a promote-from-within environment as you progress through our unique training journey.
Our Design & Service Center Team Members are dedicated to delivering a Customer-First experience that exceeds our customers’ expectations for custom jewelry design and repairs.
For states that require pay – Wages begin at $15** per hour (**may be higher due to state)Desired Administrative Skills
- Customer Service minded with strong interpersonal skills
- High standard for quality work
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Detail Orientated
- Knowledge of Shipping/Receiving
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasking & time management
- High school degree or equivalent preferred but not required
- Some knowledge of jewelry or jewelry repair/design preferred but not required
- Varying hours including some nights and weekends
- Full-time consists of a 40-hour work week with seasonal required overtime
- Jeweler Certification classes to develop and enhance your bench skills
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance (full-time Team Members)
- 401(k) with company match
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays (full-time Team Members)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Merchandise discounts
Signet Jewelers has over 225 Design & Service Centers throughout the United States, located within all Jared The Galleria of Jewelry and select Kay Jewelers and Zales stores.
Signet Jewelers is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity at all levels. Please know that while we appreciate every applicant's interest, we can only contact those selected for further consideration.
Don't forget, w e have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!