Area Visual Manager - West (SoCal)
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand - our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The RoleIn this role you will work on the execution of seasonal floor sets to create compelling in-store and window presentations aligning to brand vision and tell story. Your goal is to demonstrate strong visual design skills and feel inspired in a retail store setting to drive sales.
What You'll Do
- Create seasonal In Store and Window displays ensuring the brand is relevant in the competitive landscape and concept styling is aspirational, consistent and upholds the brand standards
- Utilize knowledge of current trends in the marketplace regarding styling and merchandising techniques
- Collaborate with cross functional partners in ensuring accurate seasonal product is being shown in line with brand marketing and launches
- Adapt team priorities to respond to customer and business partner needs
- Provide front line supervision to an operational, service or administrative team
Who You Are
- Superior time management, multitasking and organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and develop creative solutions
- Ability to work independently and with the team while handling multiple projects concurrently
- Probe beyond the stated situation, identify underlying issues and consider possible alternatives
- Good understanding of concepts and procedures within Field Visual
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.