Area Visual Merchandising Manager
We inspire purpose-filled living that brings joy to the modern home. With a team of more than 8,000 associates spanning 130 store and distribution locations across the U.S. and Canada, we achieve together, drive results and innovate to inspire. Drawn together by a shared passion for our customers and a spirit of fun, we deliver high-quality home furnishings that are expertly designed, responsibly sourced and bring beauty and function to people’s homes. From the day we opened our first store in Chicago in 1962 to the digital innovations that engage millions of customers today, our iconic brand is nearly 60 years in the making—and our story is still unfolding.
We’re here for it. We think you should be too. We’re looking for a driven professional with an inclusive mindset to join our team as an Area Visual Manager
The iconic look of our stores starts with you. In partnership with the Associate Director, Visual Merchandising and Area Manager, you will work with the visual merchandising team to set the stage for an exceptional visual experience in our stores. Through planning, coordination, creativity and execution, you utilize your eye for design and energetic attitude to lead the region to implement the company design and visual vision in order to maximize company sales growth and profitability. Mentorship is also key. You lead, educate and empower the store and visual teams in the area to plan, communicate, and execute a strong visual message while encouraging professional development.
- Must provide a link to portfolio (including password) on resume or provide PDF samples
- Lead the ASMVs to execute flawless seasonal floorsets that follow corporate directives, maximizes sales and reinforces visually brand identity.
- Responsible for floorplan map and approval of all floorplan changes. Collaborate with ASMV to map each store’s unique floorplan to ensure consistent strategic layout, optimal flow and excellent customer shopping journey.
- Elevate flagship stores visually by partnering with corporate team on additional strategic visual layers.
- Recruit, develop and train ASMVs to execute high standard floorsets that are consistent with corporate vision.
- Provide actionable feedback and hold stores accountable for excellent visual standards.
- Closely partner with store managers, area and regional directors to uphold visual standards, maximize sales and provide visual feedback.
- Closely partner with corporate team on floorplan approval, photo review, and feedback from the store level.
- Participate in seasonal floorsets at the corporate mock store for in-depth understanding of seasonal concepts and goals. Impart those learnings on ASVM and store teams.
- Support Associate Director, Visual Merchandising (Field) as needed for special projects, refreshes, and new store openings.
- Clear understanding of visual merchandising concepts and standards and how to use them effectively and creatively to drive sales.
- Strong ability to train, coach, and influence store teams.
- Knowledge of stock availability and how it impacts optimum use of product to increase sales in stores.
- Demonstrated understanding and awareness of all current product and product information.
- Awareness of all intranet communications, current advertising, promotions and other marketing initiatives, and the appropriate way to communicate all pertinent information to store associates.
- Ability to oversee management of design expenses, budgets, fixture replenishment, repairs, and maintenance.
- Ability to organize the visual merchandising aspect of regional store expansions, renovations and physical upkeep of stores in coordination with the store leadership.
- Maintain awareness of stock availability and how to ensure optimum use of product to increase sales in stores and ensure profitability.
- Multi-unit visual management role prefered; experience with 7+ stores and $80 million+ volume strongly preferred
- 5+ years management experience; including visual merchandising experience; previous customer service or retail experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Deep understanding of relevant software including: CAD, Google Suite, Excel and Adobe Suite.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends
- Able to travel 60% of the time.
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Crate: Corporate Office