Area Visual Merchandising Manager (Central)
The role of the Area Visual Merchandise Manager is to travel to stores specific to their Zone and assume leadership role for influencing, directing and implementing visual merchandising standards and guidelines at store level that are consistent with the company’s standards and directives. In partnership plan, implement, communicate, and train visual and merchandising associates to properly execute dressing of mannequins, forms, signing, accent lighting, fixturing standards, and implementation of visual directives and collateral in all stores to gain consistent presentation standards.
- Supervise store management on communication and implementation of visual issues (i.e.: adjacencies, visual set-ups, shop installations, promotions, special events.)
- Train, develop, direct, and oversee visual staff members (VM Associates.)
- Supervise plan, and implement seasonal visual collateral with SM.
- Work with SM, ASM’s, MTM’s,MTL’s VM’s to see that daily standards are executed and maintained.
- Participate in occasional weekly walk-through with Store Managers and attend WLP meeting in-store.
- Oversee and maintain all mannequins, forms, vendor identification, collateral on a regular basis according to the merchandising corporate directives.
- Responsible for the coordination, inventory, and proper storage of all seasonal trim and collateral to prevent damage or destruction of existing materials. Work with Store Manager and Operations team to secure proper space.
- Oversee planning, coordination, and installation of Cosmetic collateral based on Corporate Cosmetic Calendar and individual store setups. Maintain and inventory all cosmetic collateral properly to ensure no damage occurs and proper storage.
- Work with store SM and Operations to oversee, adjust and target all accent (spotlights) lighting that are complementing mannequins, table forms, strike zones, icon walls, and fixturing along main aisles.
- Manage, maintain, and organize stock room for visual items.
- Follow corporate procedures and policies regarding merchandise borrowed from department stock that are used in visual displays and on mannequins. Manage and maintain accurate records.
- Travel preplanned store visitation schedule (3 days/week) – review proper implementation of all seasonal strategies, shops, visual impacts, trend directives, and promotional setups at store level.
- Supervise and oversee specific stores to maintain the integrity of corporate visual directives and their implementation with the stores.
- Train and supervise less experienced visual and merchandising associates in planning and installation of visual directives and installation of visual directives in the stores. Train visual and merchandising associates on the proper usage of tools.
- Review and direct visual and merchandising associates and store managers in the planning and installation of visual directives for successful quality implementation.
- Oversee and follow up on vendor and in store shop installations and report any issues back to corporate visual.
- Maintain open communication with Store Managers, Regional Vice Presidents and Zone Group Vice President through weekly/monthly conference calls, e-mails and follow up calls to stores.
- Interview, evaluate, and recommend visual candidates.
- Suggest merchandise presentation ideas as necessary.
- Inform stores within Zone of upcoming promotional and visual impacts as directed from corporate.
- Assist in special events and in-store promotions as directed.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned.
- Assist in new store openings, remodels, prototypes, special projects as directed.
- Travel on a weekly basis to assigned stores to ensure implementation of the above.
Please select from below the expected Contribution Level for this role
Position Contribution LevelMinimum Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma required
- Degree in an accredited art school or college
- Minimum of two years experience in Visual Merchandising or retail management
EX: Proficient in Excel and Access; able to type "X" words a minute; understanding of retail store operations
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, management, and corporate personnel.
- Ability to supervise, direct, and motivate associates.
- Ability to present merchandise in knowledgeable, creative and appealing manner
- Knowledge of fashion trends, styles and colors.
- Eye for detail and color coordination.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic knowledge of tools and measuring devices.
Describe any physical requirements of job. EX: ability to stand for majority of work day; ability to communicate clearly in English; ability to lift up to 50 lbs. above shoulder level, etc.
- Must be able to lift between up to 50 lbs
- Basic knowledge of tools and measuring devices
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Ability to lift and carrying props
- Ability to assemble displays and hang signage at elevated heights
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Enter the Position Title of the supervisor and the Position Title(s) of those supervised (enter "Direct Reports" if multiple roles / enter "N/A" if no direct reports)
SupervisorSr. Zone Visual Merchandising Manager
SupervisesAccessibility GuidelinesBelkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the "Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
Text EditorWe Are An Equal Opportunity EmployerBelk is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, hair style, hair texture, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.