Job descriptionWorking at Stella McCartney is a truly rewarding experience. As a luxury fashion company with a strong ethical standpoint we are leaders and innovators in our industry.
The Art Director sits within our in-house visual team and is responsible for concept idea generation, developing strategic and visual solutions, and seeing the design process through from conception to execution.
The Art Director is responsible for overseeing the delivery of creative assets for the campaigns that they will be working on, and where necessary collaborating with our licensing partners as well as our other internal teams.
Deliverables include brand strategy + identity, product and packaging development, campaign development and roll out across all communication touchpoints (digital platforms, print, POS, experiential).
- Conceives ideas, concepts and develops final designs. Works collaboratively with internal and external teams to produce multifaceted communication materials in print, packaging, digital and other mediums.
- Manages projects from pre through to post production, finished art and delivery working with producer and project manager.
- Works with project managers and team members to provide professional recommendations for concept, design, art direction, production, print buying, and monitors quality control.
- Defines design criteria; develops concept and direction; proposes, directs and creates art signed off by Visual Director.
- Graphic design activities, including layout, production, illustration, and prepress file preparation.
- Creates and develops media using digital art and photographic techniques.
- Oversees approvals and quality control, along with Project Management team.
- Liaise directly with licensee partners and builds strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Experience of working in fashion, beauty and/or luxury brands
- Strong creative and strategic awareness: creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense, understanding of the commercial objectives
- Confidence, to present and explain ideas to senior department heads and colleagues
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong graphic design skills: understanding of and experience in branding, layout, colour theory and typography in both print and digital media
- Connected in the industry with knowledge of who we can creatively partner with to produce outstanding visuals (photographers, directors, stylists, models, artists, illustrators etc)
- The ability to grasp marketing, licensee and PR needs and consider practical solutions
- Adobe creative suite