Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
Job descriptionAbout the Role
The Art Director, through close collaboration with our San Francisco studio team, marketing, site merchandising team and styling team will deliver and lead the development and consistency of our seasonal site photography in line with the brand vision for E-commerce and additional Marketing programs.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an Art Director that is a dynamic leader that will inspires and guide and is a creative visionary to lead the execution of PPOF (Ecommerce) for BR Specialty and Factory.
This position will primarily lead the execution for the Banana Republic brand aesthetic photography for e-commerce, and work collaboratively across multiple cross-functional teams in creating a consistent holistic brand experience for the site.
The Art Director will work collaboratively across the Howard E-commerce studio team, Global site merchants, Marketing and Styling team.
- Lead and oversee all E-commerce photography (PPOF).
- Lead art direction and photoshoots, ensuring Brand visual strategy is compelling and consistent
- Influence and activate creative strategies for Site and the seasonal development and changes with PPOF photography- props, lighting, casting, styling and over all art direction.
- Support in the execution of the creative process across the team, collaborating to build concept boards, photo briefs and design assets.
- Collaborate with Marketing and styling team to support the creation for seasonal art and style direction for on figure + laydown product photography.
- Partner with VP Creative Director, VP Store Experience, in the evolution of the style guides for product page on-figure + new product categories for product page laydowns.
- Art Direct ALL PPOF shoots + Video for BR Specialty and Factory.
- Direct all on-figure product photography in partnership with the Marketing Photo Art Director
- Edit shots, provide retouching requests to Digital Artists + give final approval.
- Partner with Marketing Photo Art Director + Photo Producer in the selection of all models, stylists, hair/ makeup.
- Ensure that product photography runs smoothing and efficiently and within budgetary guidelines.
- Conduct weekly site reviews with the Howard Studio team and leads cross-functionally to identify areas to build on the creative and consistency of sets and the photography.
- Review styling + lighting direction with full-time laydown team to ensure consistency + quality control weekly.
- Inspire, challenge + encourage evolution with product imagery, both on-figure + laydown.
- 8+ years of design, art direction and/or creative direction experience
- BA or BFA preferred in Graphic Design or Communication Design
- Deep knowledge in site photography, motion, digital platform's creative.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe CS, InVision, MS, MIRO
- Experience concepting, designing, creating art direction for digital retail.
- Passion for wellbeing/fashion/lifestyle retail and understanding of current industry related trends
- Goal oriented, with demonstrated success in managing through ambiguity and change in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and strategic-thinking skills
- Well versed in short-term and long-range planning and execution of a portfolio of projects
- Established skillset in relationship-building, presentation, and communication (written and verbal); Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a variety of people in various disciplines