Arula Assistant Buyer
Who Are We?
Arula is on a mission to erase industry standards and raise the bar on the mid-size and plus size shopping experience. We provide a curated shopping destination for women sizes 10-24. At Arula, we believe a great outfit can change your mood. We believe that feeling beautiful has a halo effect. We believe the world can be brightened one word, one day and one step at a time. We live our promise to make an impact. At the heart of our brand is our mission to Stand Out. For Good. A portion of every purchase is donated to various philanthropic organizations on a local and global scale. We are committed to giving back in meaningful ways to those in need. At Arula, we find beauty in the details and grace in the small moments of each day. We pledge to always keep it real and really listen to our guest. She is the center of everything we do.
As we continue to grow and evolve our brand, we are in search ofanAssistant Buyer to help deliver the best product for our guest. Are you interested in redefining the mid-size and plus-size shopping experience? Are you a self-starter on top of latest trends? Are you energized by an ever moving, fast paced environment? Are you eager to learn and grow in your career? An Arula Assistant Buyer will assist her team daily owning merchandising responsibilities inclusive of product development, selection, fit, vendor communication and assortment maintenance. This role will report directly to a Buyer in the Knoxville, TN office.
Assortment & Product Development
- Attend vendor meetings to help develop assortment and select product.
- Review selling metrics daily to gain insight into the business, using knowledge to proactively suggest reorders, implement updates to best sellers, improvement fit, and identify markdowns to facilitate healthy/profitable inventory levels.
- Create an organized system to ensure quick and easy location of samples for key meetings, assortment reviews, fit review, and reference.
- Coordinate samples needed for all key marketing needs including social requests. Own ecommerce pass-off process to ensure all styles are for sale once inventory is received.
- Be a key liaison between the merchandising team and all other cross functional areas. information
- Proactively reach out to vendors for all needs regarding PO entry, shipping details, and order reconciliation.
- Oversee new vendor setups and guidelines.
- Manage all packages/deliveries.
PO & Order Maintenance
- Maintain an up-to-date order management system in collaboration with Buyer. Maintain a visual on order packet and track all routing.
- Build styles and enter PO’s upon approval with needed urgency. Seek approval from buyer or vendor on daily updates.
- Partner with the Allocation and Planning team to assist in store allocation and distribution.
- Work closely with the distribution center and traffic department to ensure timely and efficient product delivery.
- Leverage fit management system.
- Collaborate with peers to plan and schedule fit time with models based on business needs and fit urgency.
- Clearly communicate detailed fit comments with vendor community, while growing an understanding of the process itself.
Trend and Market Research
- Extensive and consistent deep dives into the standard and plus size competitive landscape. Recap upcoming trends in style, color, and silo with the ability to translate through our guest filter.
- Proactively seek out knowledge and understanding of correlating trends that will aid in driving the overall business (social/email/etc.).
- Attend market travel, providing notes recapping trip.
- Attend store openings throughout the year as needed to gain firsthand insight and guest experience.
Leadership & Development
- Consistently contribute innovative ideas to grow the business that are beyond product. Utilize awareness of competition and trends in the marketplace to bring fresh insights to the team.
- Be an advocate for Arula in all settings, including leadership and store teams. Partner with cross-functional teammates to ensure product is consistently and properly presented to our guest.
- Grow and develop into a future buyer with firsthand experience.
- College Degree or equivalent business experience
- Strong fashion sense and passion for product
- Multi-tasker fueled by self-motivation and timely execution in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaborative skills to partner with and foster cross-functional relationships
- Resilient and flexible
- Share a passion for giving back
- Share an enthusiasm for reimagining the mid-size and plus size retail landscape
* Travel required monthly