Asia Pacific Latin America Location Planning Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re hiring an APLA Location Planning Manager for our Nike Value Stores! Come join our team!
This role will lead a team of Location Planning analysts across 5 countries to drive increased sales, inventory and efficiency to the fleet. The individual will need to understand consumer needs & shifts in marketplace demand to identify growth opportunities and areas of focus. In this position, strong analytical, retail acumen, and problem solving skills are required, as well as knowledge of the role Value Stores play in the complete Nike, Inc picture.
We're looking for a teammate with a positive attitude that can help mentor, train, and serve as a knowledge resource for planners across territories, while being able to communicate effectively with upstream & downstream functions.
Our ideal candidate comes with international experience and cross cultural awareness, ability to work with product and project management teams and schedule flexibility as we work with Asia Pacific and Latin America teams.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the Location Planning Manager, you will continue to elevate the transition of Nike Factory Stores into the Unite concept by:
- Educating and leading the Location Planning function to territory teams
- Developing and communicating new store opening processes
- Create and maintaining Ad Hoc store level reports and data sets
- Identify store opportunities by building updated category maps based off of the strategic focus of the company
- Creating sales and inventory forecast tools that can be utilized by cross functional team systems
- Building and executing seasonal end to end process model with multiple teams
- Represent DSM in Real Estate and Operations meetings
It is extremely important in this role to be able to work independently and be able to identify and implement new areas of focus or opportunities.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report to the APLA DSM Value Sr. Director. You will work closest with teammates in Merch Financial Planning, Allocation, Assortment Planning, Merch, and will build positive relationships with Real Estate and Operations functions. Being able to successfully communicate with different countries and time zones is a critical priority of this role.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- 6 years proven experience in allocation, location planning, business planning, assortment planning, and or operations
- 2 years additional experience or other relevant subject area
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and other MS Windows applications and ability to be a quick learner for new systems & tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to engage effectively with a broad range of audiences including business leaders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commercial & Entrepreneurial approach and skills with the ability to negotiate and trade pre- and in-season
- Passionate about working in a team environment, focusing on building and maintaining relationships, and being the voice of the team to leadership
- Must be flexible to work outside of standard office hours from time to time, based on international business needs
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.