Asia Pacific Latin America – Merchandising Manager, Men’s Performance Footwear
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
For NIKE, Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer. The Nike Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world. From stores to online, this team helps bring the seasonal category visions to life. The Merchandising team has the unique ability to see beyond trends to identify what’s next to deliver the right product to the right places at the right time and price.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
For Nike Inc. merchants, everything begins and ends with the consumer! The Merchandising team understands consumer needs and market opportunities to craft a significant product mix for each marketplace. We blend art with science to bring Nike’s vision to life in all retail environments, leading with our Members and Nike Direct digital and physical spaces and expanding to our retail partners. The team has the unrivaled ability to see beyond trends and identify new market opportunities, delivering the right product, at the right price, in the right place, at the right time.
We are looking for a Merchandising Manager to lead the APLA Men’s Sport Performance footwear business, with a particular focus on Running as a key strategic pillar for APLA and other sport categories.
This role is located in Beaverton, Oregon but works within the Asia Pacific and Latin America geography, whose main goal is to represent and serve the voice of the consumers who inhabit six major markets in this region (Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia and India, Australia & New Zealand, Mexico, and Central and South America).
Key qualities we are looking for include:
- Strong strategy building skills that shape the future of the business
- Effective communicator that collaborates and brings people together
- Values differences and builds strong relationships with high cultural awareness
- Proven balance of art and science in decision-making
- Self-directed, independent, and dedicated
- Cultivates innovation while also ensuring accountability
- Communicates vision and purpose and able to lead effectively in complex situations
- Responds with speed and agility, curiosity, and motivation
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the APLA Men’s Merchandising Manager Performance Footwear, you'll use marketplace data, consumer insights, foresight, and hindsight to influence and develop seasonal plans to serve our consumer, leading with Members and digital. You'll represent the APLA Running and other sport performance consumers by providing qualitative and quantitative insights to the Product Creation teams, the Global Merchandising teams, and your cross-functional partners. You’ll lead the management of our merchandising critical metrics through robust analysis of retail insights and performance. You'll build positive and trustworthy relationships with your partners (including Nike One Marketplace Merchants, Marketing, Consumer Planning, and Territory Merchants, among others) to build and land assortments that meet the needs of consumers, take them to a new place, and differentiate the key points of distribution across key cities. You’ll work with your cross-functional team to maintain the optimal balance between a pull and push market.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
This role collaborates with a cross-functional consumer group teams and Nike One Marketplace Merchandising, to ensure your merchandising strategies meet the Nike Brand strategy and Nike market opportunities of the Asia Pacific and Latin America regions. You’ll work with Global Product Merchandising teams. Additionally, you’ll work closely with territory partners to ensure there is harmonization across territories.
The role will report to the APLA Men’s Director Merchandising Sport Performance Footwear.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor/Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven experience of 5 years or more in merchandising, product creation, and or retail, in a vertical or wholesale environment
- Footwear, apparel and/or equipment merchandising experience
- Proficiency in retail and profit-based metrics
- Assortment creation and line planning experience
- Multi-season planning and pricing experience
- Strong multicultural communication
- Experience working with Global Running and Sport categories is a plus
- Digital merchandising experience is a plus
- Proven storytelling capabilities
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
ENTRYLEADER: Be Empowered to Grow within Nike and Create the Future.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.