Kohl’s mission is to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives; you are at the forefront for bringing this into action. You will create a first-class omnichannel experience by promoting a hospitality mentality in all areas of the store for Kohl’s Customers and Associates. You will play a large part in driving store sales and profit by ensuring customer satisfaction and brand standards through the hiring, training and development of associates in customer engagement, operations and merchandise presentation.
- Recruit, interview and hire talent
- Collaborate with the store executive team to develop and execute associate retention strategies
- Foster a collaborative and engaged environment, addressing and managing associate concerns
- Communicate and educate associates on key priorities to support Sales, Service and Loyalty
- Continuously develop and coach all associates, including appraising their performance for the purpose of recommending and executing on promotions or other changes in position
- Ensure associates adherence to Kohl’s policies and procedures
- Create a hospitality mentality among all associates on the sales floor, creating a best in class customer experience
- Maintain a customer-ready store environment, ensuring associates are responsible for maintaining high standards of recovery and merchandising
- Make informed decisions to support store expense management (e.g. payroll, productivity, shortage)
- Assist and guide associates on the point of commerce process
- Lead the execution on all merchandising directives
- Demonstrate product knowledge, understanding customer demand and merchandising best practices to recommend selection and placement
- Collaborate with fellow store executives to identify trends and opportunities to make business recommendations
- Assess and allocate resources to support business and workload demands
- Control the flow of merchandise by ensuring associates are replenishing merchandise, making products readily available to customers
- Exercise good judgment and discretion in making necessary management decisions
As an Assistant Store Manager, you are a part of the store executive team and will be in charge of one or more departments as well as various functional areas throughout the store. The performance of your key responsibilities is necessary to the success of the store. You will also have a significant role in leading associate development as well as assessing and evolving your own development. The manner in which you perform these responsibilities will vary depending upon on many factors, including the store at which you work, the composition of the store team, the departments or areas that you oversee and your experience. This is a salaried, full-time position; the number of hours may vary from week to week.
- Multiple years experience managing a significant retail volume in a fast paced customer service environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a large team of associates
- Anticipate challenges and obstacles developing solutions to these problems
- Experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience working with all levels of management, building partnerships
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Open and close the store on an as needed basis
- Ability to occasionally work overnight
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing or moving about the sales floor
- Physical activity includes bending, stopping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis
Pay Range: $50,500.00 - $80,600.00
Kohl’s offers a variety of benefits to associates depending on full-time/part-time status and work hours, including: WORK LIFE BALANCE (PTO, Vacation Buy Program, Parental Leave), HEALTH & WELLNESS (Medical, Dental, Vision and other short and long term disability programs, Emergency health and wellness programs such as Accident Protection Plans, Critical Illness Plans and more), SAVINGS & RETIREMENT BENEFITS (401k, Flexible Spending Accounts and associate discount programs with Kohl’s partners), INSURANCE PROGRAMS (Life Insurance for you, your family or your pet, as well as other protection programs), and LIFE EVENTS (Legal and adoption assistance benefits).
For other Kohl's jobs, click herehere!