Assistant Activewear Designer, Owned Brands
- this position is on-site at our Park City corporate office.
The Assistant Activewear Designer is responsible for assisting in the creation and execution of the seasonal strategy and design for our activewear owned private brands business at Backcountry. You will try fast, learn fast and think big, and drive toward solutions with speed and conviction. Be customer curious, putting the Backcountry customer at the forefront of every strategic decision.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the strategy for Backcountry's on and off mountain apparel
- Design and execute the seasonal assortment across Backcountry's brands
- Assist with the management of cross-functional communication between merchants, production, technical design and external vendors
- Assist with the preparation of presentation boards for seasonal/ milestone meetings
- Conduct design research as directed by department head
- Develop and manage calendar with production
- Source new materials and technology
- Help to organize and keep track of samples
- Develop seasonal concept deck
- Work with merchandisers to develop seasonal line plans
- Develop fit block point of view and ensure our fits align with industry trends
- Manage assistant designers
- Attend fit sessions as needed
- Review lab dips, samples and submits with Supervisor and enter/send comments to vendors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or Art (or equivalent experience and education)
- 1+ years of experience in Apparel; Previous Outdoor apparel experience a plus!
- Keen eye for color, trend, detail and construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi task and prioritize based on business objectives
- Organized and detail oriented
- Working knowledge of Illustrator and Excel
- Web PLM experience a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport , Bergfreunde , and SteepandCheap —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Thanks for applying! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.