Assistant Apparel Designer - 76926
Swoon is hiring an Assistant Designer for a top client in New York!
- 3 month contract with potential to extend
- W2 Only // not C2C eligible// no sponsorship offered at this time
- hybrid 3x/week in Manhattan
- Benefits available: Medical/Dental/Vision
- Looking to hire ASAP
What does the day to day look like?
- Assist the design team in the creation of brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
- Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide clear specifications for construction.
- Build and maintain the sample room.
- Create flat sketches, CAD images and TPs to support the Team.
- In charge of updating the Design LS.
- Prepare design team for routine and milestone meetings, including the coordination of line presentation boards/tableaus and selection of product samples.
- Partner with technical design on fit and execution of prototypes, assisting with scheduled fittings and necessary follow-up.
- Track and organize development samples, ensuring they are delivered within required timelines and seamlessly passed off to key parties.
- Attend routine team meetings and key partner alignment sessions.
- Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization.
- Apply processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs.
- Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis.
- Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues.
- Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies.
- Develop and understand the VS eye/brand identity and specific category
- Build and maintain effective relations with key partners.
- Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility.
- Clear communication and share challenges, difficulties in a timely manner.
Why do we love this company?
- Our client operates as a specialty retailer of women's intimate, and other apparel and beauty products worldwide. It offers intimate apparel, bras, panties, lingerie, sleepwear, loungewear, athletic attire, swimwear, and sport and swim products, as well as beauty products, including fine fragrance and mists.
- Exceptional creative talent with a commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance.
- Adobe suit proficient.
- Organized and able to manage several projects at the same time.
- Demonstrate passion for Lingerie and strong knowledge of the brand History and DNA.
- Able to take on board constructive criticism.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to recall information.
- Customer service philosophy.
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Solid understanding and ability to communicate construction instructions.
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility.
- Flexible and creative problem solver.
- Personal professionalism and accountability.
- Moderate travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience.
- Microsoft Office.
- Illustrator/Photoshop proficiency.
- APPLY NOW
- Any questions please send to firstname.lastname@example.org