Assistant Apparel Designer
The Assistant Designer will be responsible for assisting the Design Director, Technical Designer, and Associate Designer with all aspects of the Criquet product lifecycle, from concept to final development.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Design Director and Associate Designer in research and preparing for design presentations including trends, silhouettes, and competitor inspiration.
- Support any artwork and graphic product needs for the brand under the direction of the Design Director.
- Manage the status of all approvals for every garment and archive files and developments.
- Track shipments, maintain package calendar, and organize any inbound or outbound packages.
- Manage SMS tracking and sample chart for wholesale and marketing.
- Own the organization of the sample closet and any approvals (lab dips, trims, fabrics)
- Work directly with Associate Designer on brand collaborations and gear items.
- Assist Technical Designer in PLM data entry.
- Take detailed notes during fittings and design reviews.
- Assist Associate Designer in maintaining CAD linesheets as needed.
- Assist Marketing in preparation and day-of execution for photoshoots as needed.
- Any other projects as needed!
What We're Looking For
- College degree in apparel design/fashion design [preferred]
- 0-1 years of experience working in Apparel Design, Product Development or related field.
- Confident verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator and MS Office
- General understanding of Design and Product Development calendar and processes
- Keen attention to detail and organization with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn, participate in a team dynamic, and self-motivate
Criquet is an independent web-driven menswear brand from Austin, TX. We invest in quality of life. We’re as well stocked in IPAs as we are IRAs. We’re into counter-culture, dive bars and scuba-diving for lost golf balls. We’re all manner of men and women but we aren’t yes-men. Because ordinary is boring. So, whether we’re making shirts, outerwear or old-fashioneds, they need to be high quality, they need to be done our way, and they need those little details that make all the difference. Proudly from Austin and comfortably off-course.