Assistant Apparel Designer
Tyndale Company is a leader in the FRC industry with a unique culture that has contributed to us being recognized as a Top Workplace in PA for 6 consecutive years. We are a certified woman owned business (WBENC) with a collaborative environment. We're committed to hiring competent talented professionals at every level of the organization to contribute to our great success.
Our Manufacturing and Design team is adding a newAssistant Apparel Designerto assist in the development of Tyndale branded products. They will support our Product Development Manager in developing seasonal product lines, assisting in selecting styles, materials, and colors that fit, and will create flat sketches for new concepts. This Assistant Designer will create spec sheets, assist with sourcing fabric and trim and maintaining and improving garments for the Tyndale line of clothing.
HYBRID/REMOTE:Tyndale supports a strong work-life balance. This Assistant Designer will work2days a week onsite, and 3 days a week remotely. To be considered, candidates must reside within a commutable distance from our Tyndale headquarters in Pipersville, PA (Bucks County) for onsite work.
- Supports Product Development Manager in developing seasonal product line
- Assist in selecting styles, materials and colors that fit into the Tyndale product line
- Create flat sketches for new concepts
- Manage tech pack creation and in putting design details and sketches
- Set up initial spec sheets for new development. Communicate fit and construction details to Technical Design department.
- Maintain and update development documentation in PLM and support the design team through the development process
- Responsible for execution of first prototype with Technical Design team
- Assist in Fabric and trim sourcing
- Assist in reviewing and approving proto samples
- Assist in maintaining fabric, trim, and prototype library
- Assist in researching market trends to remain current in style, quality, and salability.
- Assist in presenting new products to Sales Team
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the Product Development Manager and Director of Manufacturing
- 1-3+ years of related professional experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel), or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with partners in Production and Manufacturing
- Experience in flat sketching
- Experience in creation of design/tech packages and execution of product designs.
- Experience in fitting
- Knowledge and understanding of apparel construction
- Knowledge of product cycles and manufacturing process
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design for different consumers and end uses.
- Basic knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Basic knowledge of product costs and impact of design
- Competitive pay-rate;
- Great family-friendly culture, with proven track record of company growth;
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; 401k with company match; Paid Holidays, Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave, STD/LTD, Company-wide Bonus Plan, and product discount;
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave;
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance;
- Complete Wellness program includes free healthy snacks, on-site fitness equipment, on-Demand fitness classes, and a corporate discount on health-tracking devices;
- Generous Paid Time Off Package.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply on our website, www.tyndaleusa.com/careers.