Assistant Branch Merchandiser
Here, at New Look, everything that we do is for the love of fashion.
We've been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We're now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women, men and teenage girls. Even after 50 years we've stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
We invented fast fashion and it's our colleagues today that continue our journey to create a New Look that everyone loves.
It's our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one...and it starts with you.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
- Accountable for managing 2-3 allocators
- Has a thorough understanding of the allocation and replen tool (Quantum) and is able to utlise all functionality to maximise stock opportunities in store.
- Supports the allocator in preparing for the weekly distribution review. Able to utilise commercial knowledge to challenge and influence grading and allocation requests by product team.
- Setting up events in Quantum to impact stock levels at various levels of the hierarchy. Reviews impact and tweaks as needed.
- Amends branch gradings in the system as and when required.
- Keeps branch attributes up to date and creates new attributes as and when required.
- Attends various departmental weekly and ad hoc meetings as required. Ability to deputise for Branch Merchandiser in meetings when needed.
- Responsible for running weekly Branch Merchandising reporting
- Able to review performance by store/region/ department under guidance from the Branch Merchandiser, undertaking ad-hoc analysis and taking action where appropriate. Making stock and distribution suggestions ensuring stock is placed in the most commercial way.
- Building good working relationships with Regional Managers and joining Branch Merchandiser on store visits on an ad hoc basis.
- Help to identify any stock issues at store level, suggesting corrective actions to drive sales and profit.
- Supports the Branch Merchandiser with the seasonal re-grade bi-annually.
- Develops a close working relationship with other functions to help deliver strategy e.g central ops, DC, ecomm, marketing.
- Develops a good regional and product level knowledge to help make informed commercial decisions
- Supports Branch Merchandiser on new store openings, relocations, closures, range introductions/exits, etc.
- Completes any ad hoc analysis for Branch Merchandiser
- Supports with the development of direct line reports, delivering relevant training and support when required
- Completes all appraisals for direct line reports and conducts monthly 1:1s
- Computer literate - Quantum (internal system), Excel, data warehouse reporting
- Accurate with a proactive approach to problem solving
Other essential skills
- A pro-active, preventative approach
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills
- Fashion aware
- Team Player
- Time management and organisation
- Self-motivated and results-driven
- Sound commercial acumen and a genuine interest in the retail market
- Good interpersonal skills
- Great communicator
- Confident with all levels
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience working at Assistant Branch Merchandiser level preferable
- Commercial awareness
Minimum level of education or qualifications
- Degree preferable; although flexible based on level of experience
Key Performance Indicators
- Store UPL's in line with company expectations
- Store cover in line with company expectations
- Retention of allocators/ allocators progressing and developing through the levels structure
- Distribution being generated within expectations, with minimal errors
- DC stock cleared out to store ahead of MD events in a measured and commercial way
- New Stores opened in line with stock target
- Core Merchandising
- Central Operations
- Retail team
- Space Planning
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look.
We offer training to support you and your career progression, so that you can be at your absolute best.
You'll also receive these amazing benefits:
- 40% staff discount
- Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
- Quarterly sample sales
- Season ticket loans
Apply now to find out more.