Afternoon Light is a curated, editorialized marketplace for home décor and furnishings. We present modern classics, rising independents, and covetable vintage across a one-stop platform for the best brands and makers. A comprehensive portal for all things home – we provide a fantastic shopping experience, engaging editorial voice, features on a wide assortment of cultural personalities, superb customer service, and an incredible assortment. Afternoon Light puts creators front and center, gives context and direction, and serves up the best of the market for busy, style-conscious consumers who are looking for newness and reasons to buy.
Assistant Buyer, reporting to the VP of Partnerships, will be responsible for assisting with vendor relations and the onboarding process from start to finish.
- Results-oriented: You love setting, working towards, and beating goals
- Customer-centric: You have a track record of building consultative relationships and creative solutions that allow partners to unlock the full potential of their brands
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual
- Entrepreneurial: You are a self-starter that identifies tasks instinctively.
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, particularly in moments of challenge
- Provide exceptional supplier support and foster relationships with responsibility and integrity
- Evaluate all merchandising datasheets and resolve discrepancies where required
- Maintain and update product descriptions, images, pricing, and inventory
- Drive improvements in our business process and customer experience
- Use of your computer
- NYC based, working remotely on EST time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Photoshop
- Excellent organizational skills
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefit options
Four weeks of paid vacation/sick days
Flexible hours and working arrangements