The Carters DTC Retail Buying team is responsible for developing and executing a customer-focused product strategy to drive sales and profitability. The buying team operates as a central hub within the organization, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams in planning, merchandising, e-Commerce, marketing, and visual to bring assortments to life in stores and online.
The Assistant Buyer is a critical member of the team focusing on the day-to-day operations of the buying office and contributes directly to supporting company-wide initiatives that will ensure Carters remains a leading childrens brand.
The role supports the buying team with relevant data to drive the business, provides critical administrative functions, and collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure the key strategies are executed. We are looking for a candidate with 1+ years of corporate retail experience, who possesses strong organizational skills, is energized by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, is curious about business trends and analytics, and has a passion for product, customer experience, and delivering results.
What You Will Do
- Report management (generate & analyze on a daily basis to include sales/inv. reports, productivity reports, excess reports, best/worst selling reports, promo reports, and ad hoc requests, seasonal product guides)
- Purchase order management (keying & modifying orders, maintaining order logs, and monitoring order levels). May include outside vendor management
- Price change management to align with weekly promotional cadence and business needs (includes keying pricing for weekly campaign changes)
- Partner with planning and allocation (communicate late deliveries and/or cancels, present monthly assortment strategies, review PO logs)
- Partner with Visual and Retail operations team to help create communications for stores (includes approving sign placement guides, product tests, quality issues, late deliveries, POS issues, product information)
- Partner with site team to set up digital campaigns (pricing, product merchandising, linking)
- Seasonal buy preparation (line structure, historical reporting, assortment planning tool set-up)
- Special Projects (productivity analysis, ad hoc analysis, trend analysis, comp shopping)
- Opportunity for buying responsibility based on progress/skill set
- Bachelors degree required
- 1+ years in a corporate multi-store/channel environment required (purchase order management, price change management, seasonal preparation, report analysis, manage a product category, special project leader, site merchandising)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Highly Organized, Ability to Multi-Task, Detail-Oriented, Deadline-Oriented
- Ability to manage large amounts of data and multiple projects
- General understanding of a retail product assortment
- Analytical Skills, Basic Retail Financial Acumen/Math
- Self-Starter, Strong Communication Skills, Flexible, Collaborative