The Assistant Buyer is responsible for working with the Buyers to provide the expertise which assures all materials of assigned products are purchased with the maximum economy and efficiency to meet actual and forecasted needs in the stores. Providing all stores with the styling and quantity of merchandise which sells most successfully in each particular geographic location; and assisting in negotiating the best buy of all merchandise.
- Create open-to-buys for departmental purchases for your specific category.
- Identify potential issues resulting from current inventory position (on-hand and on-order) versus planned inventory.
- Develop and maintain unique assortments for each specific market assigned to target the needs of our customers for your specific category.
- Identify underperforming articles and potential remedies.
- Update assortments and ratings in a timely manner.
- Provide recommendations to the Buyers for changes to the assortments.
- Provide sales trending information to Buyers and Chief Merchant.
- Identify potential replenishment opportunities.
- Determine appropriate minimum quantities for each specific primary hierarchy.
- Respond to the stores on low stock issues.
- Identify excess inventory situations and potential remedies including rebalancing/reclaim.
- Partner with the stores to optimize merchandise strategies; reporting progress to Buyers and the VP of Merchandising at regular intervals within established guidelines.
- Communicate with vendors to establish and maintain quality standards.
- Work with Metal Processing to maintain the optimum flow of merchandise.
- 1-2 years of planning/allocation experience reviewing and making recommendations on merchandise assortments; preferably in luxury brand.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizing ability.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferred.
Dependable and dedicated self-starters who are passionate about their work will have the best success in this role. Flexibility, curiosity, and strong organizational skills are important, as is the ability to be a team player and communicate honestly and directly.
Work EnvironmentThe primary environment for this role is a combination of an open office and a remote workplace. Considerable business is conducted using the telephone and computer technology. This role is expected to be on-site in Home Office on average 1-2 days per week on an ongoing basis. Note that all hybrid and remote work conditions are covered in the Company’s current Remote Work Policy and Remote Work Agreement, incorporated here by reference. Travel may be required to stores, conferences or events up to 5% to 10% of the time.
Why Work for Shane Co.?Shane Co. is a family owned business and everyone who works in our organization is part of the family. This family point of view is exactly why we want to take care of you AND your family.
- We want team-focused, motivated people who help us satisfy our customers’ needs. We offer a very competitive base rate and an annual bonus opportunity to all team members, based on company performance.
- Depending on the role, we you have the ability to work from home OR in the office, and the ability to work a schedule that meets both your needs and the company’s in many instances.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very generous! You accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year, and a floating holiday to use in recognition of your employment anniversary! We are closed on 7-8 holidays (depending on role) AND we pay you for one volunteer day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time you earn.
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able to be there for them. We are also proud to offer paid parental leave.
- We provide very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as a 401(k) plan with a company match, company paid life insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (Partner, children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we give you a generous discount in our stores or online for you AND your family members!
The salary range for this role is $68,000-$90,000 per year. The range describes the minimum to maximum likely rate for this job description in the state of Colorado. Individual pay will be determined based on skills and qualifications for the role. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.
Employer will not sponsor visa or work authorization.