Steinhafels is currently hiring an Assistant Buyer to join our merchandising team at our Waukesha corporate office. This position supports the Merchandise Buyer in devleoping the merchandise assortment and managing vendor relationships in accordance with the sales margin and turnover goals. This position is responsible for building, maintaining, developing, and reporting the merchandise assortment.
Steinhafels, founded in 1934, is an employee-owned, family-run company. Our associates have voted us a Top Workplace in Southeastern Wisconsin 10 times! With our positive company culture and strong focus on work-life balance for our associates, we continue to be an employer of choice and are looking to add to our dynamic team.
Based on eligibility, we offer many great benefits including a fantastic employee discount, paid training, paid time off, paid holidays, health & dental insurance, 401(k), participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and more.
The Assistant Buyer's responsibilities include
- Assists Buyer in providing seasonal assortment analysis and recommends to the Buyer potential growth opportunities.
- Provides assistance to the Buyer and the Inventory Planner to onboard new suppliers.
- Assists in determining and executing product pricing and inventory flow strategies based on current data, trends, and forecasts.
- Generates weekly reporting on item/category level sales trends and inventory positions, provides Buyer with recommendations on go forward strategies.
- Assists the buyer in the developing and executing seasonal advertising strategies, including the creation and submission of weekly ads.
- Partners with the Content Management team to set up and assort new items on the web site.
- Assists in the development of seasonal plans.
- Partners with the Supply Chain Planner to determine proper inventory levels for initial and flow orders.
- Resolves product issues related to damages and customer returns.
- Works with store planning on plan-o-grams and bubble plans.
- Attends and facilitates meetings with vendors.
- Monitors sales and inventory and recommends re-order, markdown or liquidation strategies.
- Provides appropriate communication and directives to the Content Management Team in order to merchandise the web assortment and maximize sales.
- Requires punctuality and regular attendance
- College Degree
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Retail Merchandising, Business Administration and/or Marketing experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and maintain deadlines