The Assistant Buyer supports Buyers with all procurement –related tasks such as selecting the right product mix, managing purchase orders, incoming shipments, monitoring inventory and providing administrative support. Assistant buyer will work closely with vendors and keep track of market trends and sales reporting. This position helps implement merchandising and marketing messages that meet or exceed sales, profit and inventory plans. Our brand assortment includes: Hermès, Michael Kors, Hugo Boss, Bulgari, Luxottica, Longchamp, Thelios, Swatch Group, Fossil Group & Swarovski.
- Assist Buyers in selecting, sourcing, negotiating, pricing, planning and marketing merchandise aligned with business strategies and financial goals.
- Assist Buyers in the execution of creating and placing merchandise orders, monitoring & tracking order details, cancellations and conduct necessary follow-up (both internally and externally) to ensure shipments are delivered, processed and received.
- Review sales performance and makes recommendations to adjust forecasting plans.
- Liaise with store management for placement of product and visual team to ensure that all products are properly merchandised according to standards. Assists with store setup as required.
- Participate in business reviews to develop greater understanding of how specific actions impact overall department results.
- Monitor merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy amounts, stock analysis and other ad hoc analyses.
- Coordinate and manage in store promotional activities and events.
- Assist with vendor logistics and freight management procedures.
- Gain a complete understanding of preparing retail and pricing strategies to adjust as needed.
- Mandatory 2+ years Retail Buying/Retail & Sales Operation experiences within a Buying Department.
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent Business experience is required.
- Knowledge of store operations, distribution and logistics preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and ability to apply retail math concepts, including elements of markup, margin planning, open to buy, and inventory productivity measures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Net Suite is a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel (Pivot Table, V lookup preferred).
- Must be able to work independently.
- Results oriented and self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency.