Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we’re still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
General SummaryPartner and assist the Buyer in the selection, flow and merchandising of products that will provide Dollar General’s customer with a better life, and our shareholders with a superior investment. Facilitate the internal and external partnerships that allow Dollar General to serve others by being a customer driven distributor of consumable basics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates the flow of merchandise through daily communication with vendors and the distribution, transportation and reorder departments.
- Evaluate and report on the performance of products.
- Assists in sales planning and short and long term forecasting.
- Assists buyer in selecting merchandise that will create value and excitement for our customer and impact overall company success.
- Assists buyer in merchandising the products selected through plan-o-gramming and in-store communications.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the market by visiting competition, trade shows and manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain positive relationships with our teamshare partners by visiting stores on a bi-monthly basis.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, with our internal and external partners in order to produce positive results. (Communication Skill)
- Ability to analyze and interpret budget, sales, market and consumer data to select products and measure performance. (Analytical Skill)
- Ability to learn the dynamics of negotiation and the interpersonal skills required to achieve Dollar General’s goals.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the market and our customer’s basic needs in order to generate an assortment that is a fit for our niche.
- Ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining an enthusiastic sense of mission.
- Ability to create a team environment by assisting others in the decision making process while facilitating their creative abilities.