Bespoke Post is a lifestyle brand dedicated to helping our members discover under-the-radar Goods and Guidance that enrich their day to day experiences. Through our innovative subscription commerce & e-commerce platform, we combine lifestyle goods with immersive content to ignite curiosity and confidence in our customers. Working with Bespoke Post means being part of a smart, collaborative, and nimble team, and being able to have an immediate impact on a growing company.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Assistant Buyer to help us scale our online shop. The Shop at Bespoke Post is dedicated to featuring exciting products from emerging brands and this opportunity incorporates aspects of buying, merchandising and planning. You'll work directly with one of our Buyers, supporting them in a wide range of tasks and participating in every step of the buying process. This includes anything from analyzing sales data, sample management, vendor relations, and quality assurance. This position requires a candidate with excellent organizational skills and a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Liaise between Buyers and stakeholders across internal teams to ensure timely asset delivery and strong cross-functional communication.
- Help build relationships and assist in negotiations with new brands while supporting existing partner relations.
- Assist with logistical tasks such as PO entry and maintenance, managing and archiving product samples, and product creation through our backend admin system.
- Review SKUs (copy, imagery, etc) and additional assets for quality assurance.
- Act as the gatekeeper of all shop product in your categories: managing samples, handling uploads to our website, and QAing product to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Coordinate with our operations team to ensure timely deliveries that align with our reorder cadence and new product launches.
- Help to monitor, report, and interpret sales and inventory data for the Shop.
- Assist with category assortment planning and product sourcing, and help brainstorm seasonal themes and collections as needed.
- Maintain awareness of competitive landscape and customer preferences in our industry.
- Work out of our New York City office 2+ days per week in a hybrid model.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 1-2+ years experience in buying/merchandising.
- Takes a personal interest in great product, design, and merchandising
- Has strong proficiency in retail math and is able to apply key metrics to the business.
- Is proficient in Excel and has experience creating ad hoc analyses.
- Has a “no task is beneath me” attitude. You’re willing to roll up your sleeves to complete work as needed.
- Has excellent communication skills and loves working across different departments.
- Can anticipate vendor issues before they arise, ensuring seamless delivery of products.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent, regularly scheduled deadlines. You’re flexible and can adapt to shifting goals, plus skilled at handling a wide variety of tasks.
- Wants to grow over time, taking on new responsibilities and roles as the company evolves (which it most certainly will!).
- Is extremely organized and process-oriented. We have a lot of moving parts and processes.
- Is proactive and will be comfortable asking questions or bringing up issues when they arise.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a backend buying/planning system.
- An understanding of logistics and operations.
- A personal passion for home, kitchen, bar, and other lifestyle categories.
Benefits & Perks:
- 401k with company contribution
- Health, dental, and vision coverage with FSA options
- Paid parental leave
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacation time
- Learning budget
- Home office allowance
- A free Bespoke Post box each month, plus additional discounts
- Regular team learning, social, and wellness events
We are proud to uphold an environment free of discrimination. Bespoke Post is an equal opportunity workplace and we recognize that our success is dependent on having an inclusive, collaborative team that is as diverse as, if not more than, the products we ship.