We're all about the perfect fit. That's why we invest so much in our people. We offer training and development opportunities, along with a promote-from-within, anyone-can-lead philosophy. We're an energized team working together to deliver a one-of-kind experience allowing Big + Tall guys to finally wear what they want.
Every associate has a voice and an opportunity to make an impact - at DXL we care about our guys, our communities and each other. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of, then DXL is Fit for You!
As an Assistant Buyer, you will be accountable for daily operational management and administrative functions of specific merchandise departments. You will play a key role in ensuring the timely delivery of the merchandise through consistent communication and follow-up with Vendors, our Distribution Center and Merchant Team.
Using your keen sense of fashion direction and merchandising knowledge you will support DXL's mission by:
- Preparing for pre-market analysis and Style-Out Meetings
- Communicating related product information to affected departments; such as Direct Merchandising, Global Sourcing and Marketing
- Preparing product samples for merchandising reviews and maintain sample rooms
- Participating in vendor communication and presentations with Associate Buyer and/or Buyer
- Working closely with Vendor Community to create and handle Purchase Orders
- Preparing weekly reporting to recap overall business and review this information with the Buyer weekly to have an understanding of Best/ Worst Sellers in season and actively participate in meetings with management
- Reviewing company sales performance daily to be able to strategize effective ways to impact current business trend
- Partnering with Merchandise Managers/Buyers in competitive shopping, internet research, retail price analysis and gathering market intelligence
- With a Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- With experience in a retail environment is a plus
- With MS Office experience, including Word and Excel
- All Your Basic Benefits (health, dental, 401k, PTO, etc.)
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Compressed/Flexible Work Schedule
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- And more!