Assistant Buyer – LTD Commodities
CSC Generation Holdingsfamily of brands is saving Retail. We acquire store and catalog-based retailers, and transform them into high performing, “digital first” brands. In just four years, we’ve acquired and turned around brands including: Sur La Table, Z Gallerie, Direct Buy and One Kings Lane, saving over 2,000 jobs and reaching $1.5B in revenue.
At LTD Commodities, (the fastest-growing division of Amerimark Interactive), we are committed to providing unique products at tremendous values to our customers. We are looking for difference makers, innovators and thought leaders to help expand our 85% web-penetrated business, build our digital presence, and reach new customers every day. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best.
The Ideal Candidate:
Our Assistant Buyers play a key role in supporting our Buyers and Sr. Buyers in bringing our products to market. Assistant Buyers must have excellent communication skills, including exceptional active listening and reading comprehension skills. They must be able to critically think and analyze complex information in short periods of time. Consequently, they must have great decision making and problem- solving skills. Assistant Buyers must develop and maintain positive professional relationships with leadership, co-workers, agents, and vendors. As a result, strong people skills and a service orientated attitude are needed. They must be experts in multitasking with competing priorities and numerous deadlines.
- Directly support Buyer or Sr. Buyer
- Supports the daily work and merchandise flow of categories within assignment
- Analyze data including supply options and competitors to inform decision making
- Assess existing assortments for new trending and better products
- Continuously develop and improve job procedures
- Communicate daily with vendors via e-mail promptly respond to all inquiries
- Update systems with item costing, retails, features, and benefits as needed
- Open boxes containing newly arrived samples and help direct them for advertising
- Ensure that products have been reviewed by our Quality Assurance team
- Follow-up daily, weekly, or as needed to ensure on-time deliveries
- Assist with special assignments as directed by Buyer or Director
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent of 3 years of experience in support of Buyer
- Minimum 1-year prior work experience in direct support of a buyer preferred, or prior work in a retail environment
- Strong analytical skills, including retail math
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel including V-Look-up and SharePoint
- Strong interpersonal and critical thinking skills
- Needs to be results oriented and demonstrate personal accountability
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment
- Must be an initiative-taker who can work under pressure, meet deadlines, develop strategies, make recommendations, decisions, and execute independently
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a demanding environment
What’s in it for you?
- Massive career growth opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Casual/flexible work environment, no suit, or ties
- 401(k) with company match, PTO, paid holidays and your birthday off with pay!
- Discounts on our brands!