Assistant Buyer, 7 For All Mankind
7 For All Mankindis a Contemporary Denim Brand established in 2000. Born in Los Angeles, California, 7 For All Mankind was the first company to bring premium denim to scale, putting L.A. on the map as the fashion authority of the west coast staple. Today, 7 For All Mankind is an international brand with over 100 retail locations in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. In addition to our own brick-and-mortar stores and website, the brand is sold at luxury department stores and high-end specialty boutiques around the world.
SummaryWorking directly with the Men’s and Women’s Buyers supporting the purchasing style, quantity & quality of merchandise in accordance with customer demand, market trends, brand direction, & fiscal obligations. Coordination of product information across cross-functional departments such as Visual, Design, Planning, and Merchandising to ensure the process is followed and timelines met.
- Perform the administrative functions supporting the buying team, including weekly reporting, buy tool item management, while building foundational merchant skills
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and reporting, as directed by Buyer, including the monitoring of item selling reports, stock analysis, attribution data basis, and other ad hoc reports
- Develop effective relationships with cross-functional marketing and merchandising partners and appropriately interact with them to follow up on open business issues, as directed by Buyer
- Develop and demonstrate basic product knowledge through sharing information with Buyer as a result of competitive shopping, shopping own brand stores, and the market
- Monitor and communicate updates in delivery
- Ensure timely online activation of merchandise through communication with Buyer, ECOM merchant teams, and marketing
- Support Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. weekly business review, hindsight presentations, appointments, final buy presentations, assortment planning)
- At least 1- 2 years of experience in a buying or merchandising department at an assistant level
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills to include Excel, PowerPoint, and other relevant Retail applications
- Customer-focused with an eye for trends and well versed in the contemporary market
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to multitask are essential
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, procedures, and other business practices, guidelines, and documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Ability to understand, assess & problem solve by leveraging analytical skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Strong knowledge/experience in retail math
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the differences among all of our associates, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we live and conduct business. We are an equal employment opportunity of minorities, females, protected veterans and the disabled. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, and treating our associates and applicants without discrimination based on their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.