An Assistant Buyer at Christmas Tree Shops is responsible for providing operational support to the Buyer with a focus on business management and problem solving. They are committed to executing responsibilities and managing functions for a product category. They will develop an understanding for the company’s business and position in the market, evolving into an expert on a business category, and working with vendors, agents and other suppliers. The Assistant Buyer should have proven ability to multi-task and operate independently, with strong presentation, communication and excel skills.
- Perform operational functions supporting a buyer to achieve sales, margin, and Inventory plans.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge through sharing information with the Buyer by competitive shopping, shopping CTS stores and the market.
- Independently identify priorities and proactively work to achieve efficiency in sample management, purchase order writing, and product shipping.
- Establish and maintain a reputation of responsiveness in the marketplace. Troubleshoot issues and negotiate with vendors accordingly.
- Review the shipping status of all products with buyer and effectively navigate supply chain to assist vendors in shipping and receiving needs. Maintain communication with vendors and internal teams to ensure on time shipments.
- Write purchase orders and manage the purchase order process with vendors.
- Complete administrative tasks for print and email Ad campaigns, including item and sample submission to marketing. Proof copy and photography for print and email Ad campaigns with accuracy.
- Maintain a strong partnership with the planning and allocation organization to manage financial metrics, OTB and inventory flow to the distribution center and stores.
- Assist the buyer with sample management – approving samples and organizing samples.
- Provide ongoing analysis and interpretation of key business issues including using merchandise reports, Open-to-Buy monitoring, stock analysis and other ad hoc analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of retail merchandising or buying experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, Tech savvy, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet application and PowerPoint
- Sample management which will include lifting and moving packages and samples in the corporate office.
- Some travel (within US) – trade shows, vendor visits, store visits. Predominantly regionally but will include travel throughout US.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
CTS is a value brick and mortar home goods retailer with a specialty in seasonal products. The Christmas Tree Shops experience revolves around a trend-right, always-changing mix of merchandise that makes each customer visit a shopping adventure of anticipation and delight. The 50-year-old company has roots in the Northeast with the first store located on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and today operates 80 stores in 20 states.