Assistant Buyer (Entry Level)
Our client:An American e-commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, known for their online clothing, footwear, toys, and home products selection
Remote (Candidates must live in the state of Washington, Nevada, Ohio, or Pennsylvania for tax reasons)
Contract:3Month Contract (w/potential for extension or conversion)
Our client is hiring an Assistant Buyer who will be responsible for supporting a Buyer through management of events, negotiating, and building compelling product assortments. This role is for you if you are looking to break into the buying as a career!
The Assistant Buyer position is a developmental role intended to prepare for an Associate Buyer position. ABs are responsible for supporting a Buyer through management of events, they will negotiate and build compelling product assortments. They are responsible for assisting their Buyer to exceed financial goals, ensuring their vendors are delivering quality product, and executing all events. The AB will also manage a small portion of the Buyer’s portfolio and Buyers will drive successful business through strategic partnerships and strong analytical skills. In the absence of the Buyer, the AB is responsible for running the buying office.
- Manage and execute events that exceed the expectations of customers.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships. Educate vendors on client's best practices and business model.
- Identify products and vendors for clients site in assigned category.
- Price products to optimize demand through evaluation of product cost
- Audit event before going live to ensure accurate and compliant product selection
- Curate events by selecting product assortment and determining best presentation. Utilize data regarding past product and event performance to inform decisions regarding assortment
- Analyze item, category and event sales to follow trends and react accordingly based on performance. Incorporate assessment of customer feedback to ensure quality standards to drive best experience for our members.
- 2+ years of relevant retail, merchandising or sales experience
- Demonstrated understanding of merchandising and retail math
- Experience in ecommerce preferred
- Experience in analyzing reports and drawing conclusions/recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (v-lookup & pivot tables)
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Able to be self-sufficient and independently drive actions