French Cuff Boutique
Houston, TX, USAPosted 7 hours ago
Our Assistant Buyers are...
- Collaborators who are open minded and ready for anything, are driven by results while working together as a team and creating a friendly environment that is supportive, respectful and fair.
- Situational leaders who remain positive and professional while working towards the best interest of our team members and customers.
- Innovative, dedicated, committed; gets it, wants it, and has capacity to do it.
- Ambassadors of French Cuff who are growth-oriented, relationship-driven, passionate about fashion, live for style and are knowledgeable of current and classic trends.
- Committed and focused on building lasting relationships with our vendors and client relations; creates a professional, fun and positive atmosphere to enhance the buying experience for FCB.
- Support the buying team in developing and executing merchandise strategies for French Cuff Boutique sales, margin, and inventory plans. Develop strong relationships with both internal and external business partners to support office needs. Analyze sales trends to determine marketing, pricing, and inventory strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work with buying team in product selection and managing store inflow and buying budget for all locations.
- Analysis of product, vendor, and store performance.
- Develop and update store/company sales recaps.
- Purchasing and maintenance of budget per assigned categories
- Create and maintain purchase orders.
- Fixes style and pricing discrepancies and errors within new and existing inventory
- Monitor deliveries for on-time performance, tracking changes, and reporting those changes.
- Work in partnership with buying team to build product assortments to fit each store’s needs.
- Develop strong relationships with both internal and external business partners to meet the needs of the business.
- Negotiate and optimize terms within buying relationships
- Generation, analysis and dissemination of inventory movement reports to stores and merchandising team, such as Onesies and Slow Movers
- Creates Product Knowledge for new brands to communicate to the team prior to launch and Product Knowledge refreshers for existing brands during remaining weeks.
- Performs Return Authorizations and Swaps processes from start to finish
- Modeling and creating styling and fit content for product
- Education: 4-Year College Degree in retail/merchandising related degree plan
- 1-3 years’ experience in retail/merchandising
- Working knowledge and application of retail KPIs
- Deadline-driven, effectively prioritizes and manages time and is solution-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Strong critical thinking - analyze, evaluate and form judgment
- Good eye for fashion
- Professional and positive attitude
- Ability to travel as needed