The Assistant Buyer is a true learning role that allows you to build a foundation of buying skills. As an Assistant Buyer, you will support the buying team in advancing the business while learning key processes and providing operational support to the team.
- Works closely with buyers to understand product strategy and key goals for the year
- Become a trusted resource within the company for updates and information working closely with teams throughout the company to maintain deadlines and execute projects
- Establishes a close working relationship with vendors to follow up on open issues and exploit business opportunities with them, acting as a main contact for them within our organization
- Maintains item set up and vendor records in internal databases through data entry assignments and system management
- Initiate domestic product sourcing process, owning follow through from pipeline approval
- Track product samples and keep sample closet organized, coordinating with other departments for photo needs and shipping samples as needed
- Build and maintain style lists for promotional events, catalogs, etc. Add/remove items as necessary to ensure accuracy
- Provide basic analysis of key business data and reporting, as directed, including weekly and monthly selling reports and new item recaps
- Develop and demonstrate basic product and marketplace knowledge, share insights and ideas with the buying team
- Support Buyers in preparation of key business meetings (i.e. vendor appointments, product reviews, assortment planning)
- Self starter- someone that is comfortable reaching out across teams for support, eager to learn the business and share ideas
- People person- this role interfaces with partners inside and outside of our company, we need someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone, reach out to partners, and build relationships
- Tech savvy- we have different programs we use to manage our business and do a lot of analysis in excel. We are happy to train you, but need someone who can pick it up quickly.
- Great communicator and organized- our business moves quickly, we have to have clear communication within our team and rely on transparency to keep us focused
- Reliable- we are a fully remote team, and we trust our employees to get the job done. You will be held accountable to your responsibilities. We need someone who is going to follow through on commitments and be a trusted resource for our team.