Dolls Kill is a global fashion brand that empowers everyone to celebrate their individuality. We currently have over 10 million social media followers including some of the most influential personalities in music, art, pop culture and fashion. We’re also backed by strong consumer-focused investors who share in our vision of building one of the world’s next great consumer brands.
Our team is growing quickly and we are hiring across many functions. We are looking for team members who are equally passionate about what we do and excited about joining the Dolls Kill crew.About The Role
We’re looking for an Assistant Buyer to help manage our current assortment in the Oakland office. This role will be responsible to assistant Senior Buyer and other onsite buyers execute everyday and seasonal merchandising strategies. You will also play a part in finding and building relationships with vendors, negotiating product costs and terms, and identifying and recommending new products and trends.
As an Assistant Buyer you will partner closely with our inventory planning, marketing, and creative teams to create a world-class product assortment and shopping experience.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an Assistant Buyer and be familiar with the industry. Further, the ideal candidate should be able to balance the creative and analytical aspects of a fashion buyer role.
In this role you will be a critical member of the team and have an immediate and measurable impact on Dolls Kill's growth. Ready to get started?Responsibilities
- Assist the Sr Buyer and larger on-site buying team with daily tasks
- Enter all purchase orders and ensure vendor compliance
- Ensure orders are shipping on time and manage communication with our Warehouse
- Manage our existing vendor base and seek out new partnerships
- Work with Sample Team on managing large volume of samples for the department
- Engage with the Merchandising, Planning, Creative functions as well as other designers and buyers in a very interactive, transactional daily process.
- Collaborate in person with internal and external business partners in assuring the optimum buying strategy is executed.
- Attend weekly buying trips as needed
- Spot emerging and declining trends
- Help conduct weekly and quarterly business reviews to track and analyze merchandising results
- BA/BS degree and 1-2 years of experience as an assistant buyer at a fashion retailer.
- Proven results negotiating with vendors to improve costs, reduce lead times, and secure exclusive styles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt them for different audiences: vendors, internal partners, stakeholders and leadership
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong Excel skills
- Adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity, startup experience preferred
- Self-starter who can manage multiple priorities at once and learn new things with little oversight
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, engaging, and fast paced business environment.
- eCommerce experience strongly preferred but not required