The Paper Store is committed to being the premier destination for all our customer’s gift-giving needs. Our mission is to share our passion for The Paper Store with each customer, during each visit, by going above and beyond their expectations for both selection and service.
The Assistant Buyer’s role is to directly assist and support the Buyer and to ensure that day to day business runs smoothly, accurately, and efficiently.
Data entry, PO and SKU management, database maintenance:
- Place orders and follow up with vendors to receive shipping confirmations, verify costs and availability.
- Respond to inquiries regarding order status, changes or cancellations.
- Contact and follow up with vendors for product samples, new SKU information, damages and management of backordered goods, best seller lists, catalogs, etc.
- Update vendor information in database.
- PO cleanup and maintenance
- Removing discontinued or backordered items from purchase order
- Price changes
- Vendor changes
- Open Order report clean-up
- Build and maintain style lists for promotional events, markdowns, special events, table statements, etc. Add/remove items as necessary to ensure accuracy.
- Create collages of new products.
- Initiate and follow up on transfers, consolidations and recalls between the stores and the distribution center.
- Distribute batches from the warehouse.
- Perform allocations and execute replenishments.
- Knowledge of Smart Sheet and how to execute directives.
- Work with stores and distribution center to answer questions, identify and resolve issues.
- File packing lists, completed orders and catalogs.
- Ship packages via UPS and FED EX.
- Print labels and ship to vendors as needed.
- Perform other duties as determined by management but not limited to the above mentioned.
- Run and format sales reports per request of buyer.
- Provide analysis of sales; sell through, turn, and gross margin on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and seasonal basis.
- Knowledge of basic formulas for retail: turn, gross margin, net margin, net profit, sales per square foot, % increase or decrease, % to total.
- Knowledge of all reports in Merch Analytics and Infobase.
- Knowledge of all reports in Quantisense.
- Run markdown reports and create Excel summary.
Merchandising and Ecommerce:
- Create merchandise directives to communicate new product placement.
- Responsible for making sure buyers have accurately stocked product in e-commerce. Run reports as necessary.
- Act as the liaison between the buying team and the E-Commerce/Marketing team including prepping materials in order to put items online.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Good organizational skills including prioritizing, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude.
- 1-3 year experience as an assistant buyer in a retail organization.
The Paper Store is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, local or federal law.
We are looking to hire a Full Time Assistant Buyer at the Corporate Office in Acton, MA.