Assistant Buyer, Women's Fashion
ON-SITE - Charlotte, NC 28273
The Cato Corporation is seeking individuals who are interested in a career in Merchandising to join our team as an Assistant Buyer.
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Buyer supports the Buyer in achieving or succeeding financial metrics both seasonally and annually, as well as partner with all cross-functional teams to execute assortment strategies efficiently and accurately. This includes maintaining operational functions such as writing orders, executing price changes, and managing samples as well as prepping for all meetings. In addition, the Assistant Buyer must have an acute fashion sense, with the ability to recognize and translate market trends for the customer.
- Maintain daily operational functions. Key tasks include on-order management, price changes, sample organization, meeting prep, and all associated spreadsheets.
- Proficient or will gain proficiency in all systems including: Microsoft Office, Flex PLM, Retek Data Warehouse, RMS, Vista, Price Change and PO System
- Build strong cross functional relationships including product development, tech, design, planning & allocation, visual, and e commerce
- Understanding and utilization of basic retail math to help analyze the department’s business on a day to day basis.
- Brand Positioning and target customer to aid in the selection of product that is commercially viable.
- Must be accurate, proactive, display a sense of urgency, and be able to anticipate next
- 1 - 3 years of related work experience in Merchandise Buying
- Ability to manage through conflict and problem-solve
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Systems and computer savvy, including Microsoft Office Applications
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
The Cato Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.