As Assistant Buyer for fine wines you will assist the Buyer in all aspects of the buying cycle, across all channels (Food Halls, Gift Shop, online, airports, satellite sites and B2B where relevant) and both operational models (own bought and concession) for all fine wines.
As the world's leading luxury retail emporium, we make the impossible possible. Our team believe that collaboration with other divisions is key to reaching our goals, by building effective relationships with all brands, head office contacts, store management team, travel retail and online relationship partners. Our roots as tea merchants have not been forgotten and out kitchens, restaurants and food halls are world-renowned for their bounty, credited to the work of our food buying teams who continue to champion the 'Art of the Possible' and delivering a bespoke luxury range to cater for our diverse range of customers.
Your role as a Assistant Buyer will be a vital role to the team, as you will be the right hand support for the senior buyer assisting with supplier management and, where relevant, concession development and management and also with the execution of Food, Wine & Spirits strategy. As well as being responsible for the following -
- Develop excellent buying skills including supplier management, price architecture, range building, quality and merchandise management.
- Work closely with Buying Admin and Supply Chain teams to optimise the end-to-end life cycle of products within the business.
- Prepare agendas and materials for supplier and brand meetings, ensuring omnichannel data is also referenced where relevant.
- Assist with coordinating internal cross-functional stakeholder communications and meetings, including floor walks.
- Assist Senior Buyer and cross-functional category team with initiatives to drive trade performance within the category.
- Work with Supply Chain to provide vendors with relevant performance.
- You will need to have 2 years experience working within fine dining or wine industry
Please note that you may be required to travel, on occasion, to buying appointments and vendor meetings, and to work weekends during buying trips, or during periods of sale.
Our Promise to You
We drive ourselves and inspire others to always push for more. This passion to exceed is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where standing out means being yourself.
As well as strong long-term career potential and development support, you will also benefit from an excellent benefits package, including a company pension, flexible working, 25 days' holiday and a day off on your birthday, up to 33% in-store discount and a season ticket loan.
At Harrods we believe anything is possible. We celebrate and invite applications from all cultures, backgrounds, tastes and experiences and are proud of our culture where people from all walks of life can grow and thrive. What makes you unique makes us exceptional.
If you want to know more about our people and our culture, search #TogetherHarrods on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram, or tune in to our podcast True Tales from Harrods. Listen on Spotify, iTunes, Google Podcasts or Amazon Music