We have many opportunities available on our other career site pages. Click here to link to our careers page!
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox and JamesAllen.com. We are a people-first company and t his core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve. People – and the love their actions inspire – are what drive us. We’re not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, we’re especially proud of the diversity, inclusion and equity we’re inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you – rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!
Assists Buyer in execution of merchandise strategy and product assortments while reacting to current business trends. Ensures the integration of product trends, recognizes product evolution and potential assortment voids while assisting in the achievement of financial goals and productivity of inventory.
Our ideal Assistant Buyer is ambitious in nature, has an entrepreneurial mindset, is comfortable working in cross-functional teams, and is passionate about the retail industry.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Identify opportunities and recommend new product concepts to the category management team
- Coordinate cross-functional information for product launches-working closely with Product Development, Sourcing, Marketing, and Visual teams
- Actively participate in department trend discussions, creation of trend boards, and ideation of new concepts
- Continue to position Signet as the leader in the jewelry industry through continuous competitive shopping and market research
- Assist in the management of product assortment, promotional cadence, and presentations
- Analyze and report on SKU performance i.e. vendors, sales, margin, and inventory
- Assist in negotiations with vendors and collaborate with cross-functional partners to manage category open to buy
- Work with Buyer to build and manage a line of quality merchandise that will enable the company to increase market share, maximize sales volume and increase gross margin dollars
- Develop respectful relationships and responsive communication with vendors
- Assist with strategic selection of vendors to identify and develop strong partnerships
- Negotiate timely execution of product specification sheets
- Communicate product needs regarding pricing, specifications, and delivery on a daily basis
- Establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Implement volume driving product and promotional strategies across all advertising vehicles including print, TV, and social media
- Manage and track all aspects of merchandise launches
- Work cross functionally with Planning, Product Development, and Creative to ensure project deadlines are met
- Works on special projects as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and/or job related experience
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and utilize database reporting systems
- Quality leadership, organizational, and communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to set and achieve priorities and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, ever-evolving retail environment
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- Demonstrate effective analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong professionalism, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to be metal free and work in a metal free environment when necessary, based on security policy