With nearly 300 stores in 17 states and growing rapidly, Factory Connection is a destination shopping experience for many of our customers. We offer a wide selection of brand name fashions for Juniors, Misses, Plus, Men’s, Accessories, Shoes, and Home Décor. Buying from the industry’s leading fashion manufacturers allows Factory Connection to offer name brand and specialty store fashions at prices that are 25% to 70% below regular retail. We provide the opportunity to find the latest fashions at the right price, offering a great shopping experience!
Our Assistant Buyer role will assist all buyers in purchasing, distributing, and managing merchandise. Communicating with buyers, planners, vendors and the marketing team is also necessary for this role to ensure the best product is in stores, while tracking data to analyze profitability. Further your fashion career at FC!
- Merchandise data entry including but not limited to purchase order entry, maintenance of style information and purchase order ship windows, markdowns
- Purchase order creation and management
- On-order and purchase order tracking
- Inbound order management
- Run reports and provide analysis for the buying team as needed
- Aid in the resolution and communication of issues and solutions related to product arriving to the DC
- Develop vendor relationships and negotiate concessions as needed
- Communicate with vendors to retrieve samples and product information as needed from buying team, as well as gather product info. Needed for buyers
- Maintain communication with stores as needed to resolve product issues
- Work with buyers to review financial plans, product development, assortment plans and markdowns
- Collaborate with social marketing team to provide current looks from buyers to promote online
- Work with buyers to develop and distribute product information content
- Computer skills include proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word with ability to learn additional systems used by the company
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Develop relationships with cross-functional teams such as payables, warehouse, planning, allocation and marketing
- Ability to multi-task, excellent time management skills
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Experience in supply chain, marketing, fashion merchandising and/or retail merchandising/business.
- Requires excellent skill sets in the following areas: communication, negotiation, attention to detail, analytical, organizational and time management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Apparel Merchandising, Marketing, Business Management, or similar degree preferred