Assists Buyer and Planner Distributor in various functional merchandising areas.Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists the Buyer and Planner Distributor in all functions including assortment planning & execution, advertising coordination, financial planning & execution, and merchandise allocation & replenishment for one or more assigned departments for a worldwide retail organization.
- Assists the buyer in the evaluation, development, and execution of appropriate stock assortments and sources of supply for regional and corporate programs.
- Negotiate with vendors for additional support such as cooperative advertising, freight allowances, coupons, in-store merchandising, demonstrations, and training.
- Responsible for advertising information program sheets and tracking the order status to ensure on-time receipts for advertised items. Places orders as directed.
- At the direction of the Buyer may assume buying responsibility for specific merchandise classifications.
- At the direction of the DMM may assume responsibility for developing inventory projections, planning, and replenishment for specific merchandise classifications.
- Effectively communicates all merchandising programs to worldwide stores and other departments as appropriate.
- Responsible for new items/vendor setup and maintaining accurate item/vendor data, including pricing, in the merchandising system.
- Works with management to develop and maintain plan-o-grams.
- Place and track open orders from placement to receipt.
- Maintain open to buy as directed.
- Assists the Buyer and Planner Distributor in reviewing and monitoring sales, profits, and inventories of stores and distribution centers to ensure maximum performance for assigned departments.
- Works with Buyer and Planner Distributor to analyze vendor performance.
- Prepares system reports as needed for review and analysis.
- Conducts store visits in conjunction with Buyer or Planner Distributor to evaluate merchandising programs and execution. Provides recommendations for changes/ improvement as appropriate.
- Participate in advertising meetings, vendor meetings, and merchandise clinics.
- Attends professional development training.
- Supervises assigned administrative support staff and delegates tasks as appropriate
- Keeps abreast of current industry trends through ( but not limited to) vendor meetings, market trips, trade publications, and commercial store visits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Works under the supervision of the Buyer or Planner Distributor and operates within the established Navy Exchange policies, procedures, and regulations. Exercises judgment and develops approach in routine and unusual matters. Performance is evaluated based on the operational performance of the assigned departments, skills evaluation, customer service, collaboration, and teamwork, leadership, and established individual performance objectives.
The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.Primary Location
United States-Virginia-Virginia BeachOrganization
Full-Time (35 + hours)Unposting Date
Total of 4 years of experience consisting of the following:GENERAL EXPERIENCE:
3 years of general experience which was gained in administrative, merchandising, technical or other responsible work which enabled the applicant to gain knowledge of merchandising and procurement practices; skill in dealing with others in person-to-person work relationships; and the ability to exercise mature judgment.OR SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
1 year of education above the high school level may be substituted for 9 months of experience, up to a maximum of a 4-year bachelor's degree for 3 years of general experience.AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
1 year of progressive experience which provided background in procurement practices, methods, and procedures; developing and maintaining open-to-buy; selecting sources of supply; comparison shopping; review of merchandising for pricing, markdowns, and stock rotation; planning and developing sales promotions and other merchandise controls; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and ability within the procurement operational area.