We are seeking anAssistant Buyerfor our brandFavorites, one of the key position at our corporate office in North Billerica, Massachusetts. This position is responsible for supporting the Buyer(s) in the selection and procurement of merchandise. Assists in obtaining, verifying, and correcting all pertinent merchandise information in preparation for data entry. Communicate with vendors, monitoring and resolving sample, order, and shipment issues. Assist with preparation of analysis for planning purposes, in the building of catalog pages, and at turnover and wall review meetings. Work under the Buyer’s supervision on a category in preparation for buying responsibility.
- Responsible for writing up and compiling correct information on catalog items.
- Assist in the development of assortment plans and analysis in preparation for planning meetings.
- Participate in the selection of merchandise, product development, and planning of catalog pages.
- Communicate with vendors for the sourcing of new product and for verifying/correcting all necessary merchandise and data sheet information.
- Preparing category business analysis.
- Proof all procedures related to catalog production and catalog website.
- Coordinating and resolving photo and fit, samples/issues with the product development team, vendors, and creative team.
- One or two years merchandising experience.
- Requires excellent communication, organizational, and follow-up skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize work assigned, and meet deadlines.
- Must have good computer skills including Microsoft office with a focus in Excel, and internet familiarity.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.