We're New Look and we've been at the forefront of British high-street fashion since 1969. Over the last 50 years, we've grown to be a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-driven fashion for women, men, girls and boys.
Our passion is feel-good fashion at feel-good prices - and we truly believe that all starts with us. Our values inspire us every day: we play to win, we're customer-obsessed and we work as one to give each and every one of our customers That New Look Feeling.
It's a busy and exciting time for the brand and we're on the hunt for a Assistant Buyer to join our growing Buying team.
Buying is the department that brings together creative inspiration & commercial planning to deliver the best ranges for our customer. Product is at the heart of everything we do, from developing the best prints for dresses, the must have coat of the season or the 'It' bag. Always thinking 'customer first' we work hard with our suppliers in the UK & across the world to deliver fashion at amazing prices & as quickly as possible. Buying is fast paced and exciting & every day is unique.
The role of the Assistant Buyer is to put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer, to support the development and delivery of a commercial and profitable range that maximises sales opportunity. Responsible for ensuring the Critical Path is achieved and that order management and sampling processes run to schedule. Deputises in the absence of the Buyer / Junior Buyer.
- Sound understanding of the Business Strategy and how that impacts your Department
- Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place and trends, and inputting into the direction of the department
- Solid understanding of the Department's current Customer insights, Market Share and opportunities
- Working in conjunction with Marketing and Ecommerce, supporting with Windows and Photo Shoots
- Assisting in Department Strategy Planning preparation
- Assist the Product Development process from Design brief to launch, liaising with Design, Marketing and other relevant departments
- Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets
- Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas
- Ensuring input to the Assortment Planning tool and other data / system management, in a timely manner
- Understanding the appropriate sourcing route and Supplier for Product
- Monitoring Critical Path on Commitment to insure intake and distribution targets are met
- Attending Fit sessions in the Buyers absence give styling Comments
- Managing Supplier relationships and KPI's, including monitoring sampling requirements in line with projected levels of business
- Negotiating and liaising with Suppliers
- Understanding of reports and actions that may need to be taken on Trade
- Managing the critical path, making adaptations (where required) to react to market changes and challenges
- Sharing of information where possible on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst Sellers within the business area
- Monitor, maintain and action competitor analysis (comparative shopping)
- Supporting with the development of fellow colleagues, delivering relevant training and support where required
- Collaboratively working with Merchandising, Design and Technical colleagues
- Acting as a positive role model for the Team and peers
- Customer knowledge and a strong fashion eye
- Good interpersonal / communication skills
- Ability to support, train and develop the Buying Admin Assistant
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with Design, Merchandising, QA and Suppliers
- Solid presentation skills
- Risk assessment and SWOT analysis skills
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Previous experience as a Buying Admin Assistant / Assistant Buyer within a major retailer / department within New Look
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look. We prioritise development, offering training to support your progression, so you can be at your absolute best and achieve your goals. You'll also receive these amazing benefits, to name only a few:
40% staff discount
Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
Quarterly sample sales
Season ticket loans
While we've always championed our smarter working policy, COVID has shaken things up for us. Now, our colleagues balance their time between home and office, and always in accordance with government advice - we believe this is the best way to maintain a flexible but collaborative and social way of working.
Apply now to find out more.