Assistant Buyer, Bridal
As the house of extraordinary taste for almost 120-years,
We are New York’s original icon of style.
The legendary window on inventive inspiration,
Discerning since day one, we define the culture of fashion.
We are a community of “creative ingeniuses”
Cultivating experiences beyond the expected,
and nurturing ideas that inspire the joy of discovery.
We thrive on bringing exceptional creative talents together.
We are unabashedly luxury. And luxury is ours to define.
We are Bergdorf Goodman
Darcy Penick, President of Bergdorf Goodman and one of the first leaders in pure-play fashion e-commerce, has built a team of industry pioneers who are bringing their collective expertise and commitment to operational excellence to the world of Bergdorf Goodman. As the destination to discover best in class designers, emerging brands and exclusive products, Bergdorf Goodman provides customers with transformative experiences that embody the definition of modern luxury.
- Assist buyer in achieving sales, and gross margin
- Manage day-to-day operations of the buying office
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships
- Oversee vendor support and store communication
- Recap and analyze selling, category, and vendor performance
- Manage promotional activities to drive in season business
- Attend market appointments prepared with strategic assortment plans and understanding of product with a customer centric approach
- Negotiate buying terms and end of season with vendors
- Execute a seasonal merchandise strategy based on customer needs, product performance, industry trends, and business analytics
- Accurately forecast monthly receipts and manage inventory flow
- Partner with Planner in developing seasonal financial plans and budgets
- Partner with Omni team for online product content/image maintenance
- Manage marketing process including marketing proposals, co-op, and coordinating samples through effective communications with marketing and vendors
- Execute and manage marketing events for both channels
- Manage and develop Merchandise Assistant
- Perform additional tasks as required
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- Strong leadership, management, communication, customer service, and organization skills
- Flexible and able to perform in a fast paced, changing environment
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills
- Personal Learning
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Retail or service experience is helpful