ASSISTANT BUYERGeneral Summary
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer that is motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing organizational support to the merchandising team and partnering to manage the overall day-to-day.Reports To
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage sample maintenance and tracking
- Maintain on order tracking and surface any potential issues to the team
- Manage the PO process from start to finish
- Develop knowledge of the overall department to be able to provide team members with all requested information
- Run selling reports and analyze data to identify the best and worst sellers; review with the team to determine how information should be interpreted and what action steps are needed
- Persistent follow up with vendors on all costing, discounts, shipping, deliveries and any outstanding product issues
- Help build product assortments and identify trends that are relevant to the Sole Society brand
- Build and maintain assortment tracking tools that keep the team in the loop as to the current and future assortments by month
- Maintain and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external
- Proactively seek out opportunities to grow the business and further personal & professional development
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and adjust to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of retail math concepts
- Commitment to learning and continuous development
- High sense of urgency and taste level
- Detail oriented with outstanding follow through
- Proficiency in MS Office
- SETTING GOALS – Creates and follow effective plans. Anticipates risks, creates contingency plans. Aligns plans with goals. Allocates adequate resources. Accepts and supports change. Willing to take risks and suggests new ideas, approaches. Takes initiative. Seeks out learning activities.
- WORKING WITH OTHERS – Clearly articulates own, other’s goals. Promotes a team atmosphere by demonstrating humility and respect. Builds effective relationships, relates well to others. Delivers and responds to feedback in a constructive manner. Considers multiple perspectives. Handles conflict, pressure, uncertainty and adapts independently. Meets commitments. Dedicated to working with business partners on their expectations.
- GETTING RESULTS – Personally accountable for work performance targets and achieving results. Prioritizes well. Anticipates and handles obstacles effectively.