Assistant Buyer, Cutlery, Williams Sonoma
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
Overview Of The Role
You will report to a Buyer and share ownership of a category. You will assist in daily/seasonal tasks to help drive the business. As the Assistant Buyer, you will be responsible for maintaining data integrity, supporting the Buyer on seasonal needs, and working closely with a cross-functional team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced retail environment while working with a highly collaborative team.
This role is hybrid - in office in San Francisco 4X a week.
- Setup and maintain all SKUs
- Responsible for made-to-order, visual line and merchandise list
- Communicate as needed with the Merchandise team in regards to project and sample status, costing/SKU worksheets
- Responsible for assisting in sample management – communicating and partnering with our photo and warehouse teams to track sample positions
- Enter and maintain all price and cost changes for DTC and Retail, working closely with inventory partners and sourcing teams
- Partner with the Buyer and Visual teams to plan seasonal retail floor sets
- Prepare reporting and assist the Buyer with business opportunities
- Take on general administrative duties as needed
- BA degree
- 1-4 years of retail buying experience
- Strong analytical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Deadline-driven and strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently across multiple projects
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal (strong business acumen)
- Familiar and comfortable with pulling sales reports and strong ability to analyze business metrics
- Detail-oriented – takes the appropriate time to complete tasks and reviews work to ensure accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/PowerPoint) required to create pivot tables and experience with advanced formulas such as VLOOKUPS
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences—whatever they may be—are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just For You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays, and time off to volunteer
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits
- Tax-free commuter benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Resources for self-development
- Advisor (Mentor) program
- Career development workshops and learning programs
- Speaker series
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.