Assistant Buyer, Dresses - Hybrid
The ideal assistant buyer is analytical, results-oriented and views the business through the lens of the customer.
A day in the life…
- Develop an understanding of the needs, wants and expectations of the customer
- Build an understanding of the market and competitors in their category
- Establish a clear understanding of the seasonal department merchandise strategy
- Partner with assistant buy planner on market preparation
- Contribute to negotiations of exclusive offerings, terms, pricing, vendor funded markdowns, return-to-vendor agreements, drop-ship programs, co-op, etc.
- Function as liaison to online and/or stores as assigned; including effective communication of the selling agenda
- Contribute to inventory management in season; including driving markdowns and exit strategy
- Be a student of the business regarding effective analysis and decision making to improve department performance
- Collaborate with, and respond with a sense of urgency to regional merchandisers regarding customer needs
- Partner with assistant buy planner to improve the depth and precision of location-level inventory content
- Participate in business reviews to develop greater understanding of how specific actions impact overall department results
- Bachelor's degree in Merchandising or equivalent work experience
- Experience in retail merchandising, planning or analysis required
- Experience supporting a high sales volume category (high SKU count, heavy seasonality, high revenue ($20M+) preferred
- Experience in a relevant merchandise category preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and the service environment of Nordstrom required
- Proficiency in MS Office suite required
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills required
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.