At Five Below our growth is a result of the people who embrace our purpose: We know life is way better when you are free to Let Go & Have Fun in an amazing experience, filled with unlimited possibilities, priced so low, you can always say yes to the newest, coolest stuff! Just ask any of our over 17,000 associates who work at Five Below and they’ll tell you there’s no other place like it. It all starts with our purpose and then, The Five Below Way, which is our values and behaviors that each and every associate believes in.
It’s all about culture at Five Below, making this a place that can inspire you as much as you inspire us with big ideas, super energy, passion, and the ability to make the workplace a WOWplace!
Reports to: Associate Buyer/Buyer/Sr. Buyer
Objective: To assist in delivering the sales and profit plan for a specific area through the precise execution of a well-conceived merchandise strategy. Enact skillset necessary to understand process of how to buy. Demonstrate a strong work ethic and a commitment to our customer, our people and the company.Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must possess a demonstrable knowledge of evolving trends
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and embrace all aspects of merchandising, including product development, planning, distribution, domestic and overseas manufacturing
- Ability to absorb and learn in a quick-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on deadlines
- Must have strong written, verbal and computer skills
- Must be Local/Philadelphia based as this role will require in-office days on a weekly cadence
- Run reports and analysis as needed for the Buying team in a timely and correct manner
- Work with team to suggest newness to add freshness to the assortment
- Suggest category extensions/web growth initiatives to further category growth
- Purchase order management
- On-order and purchase order tracking
- Ensure successful preparation for styleouts and walkthrus
- Take ownership of sample management
- Relay design comments to vendors on development samples
- Ensure all final samples are available for ads, floorsets and styleouts
- Aid in the development and assortment of specific classes and product lines to deliver trend-right merchandise
- Reviews packaging/verifies testing with compliance. Follows through with samples to ensure quality received matches what was ordered
- Creates product briefs when developing new items and works with PD to execute the item
- Executes Comp Shop recaps and analysis
Market Skills and Awareness
- Represent Five Below with integrity
- Maintain awareness of trends from comp shopping, social media, trade shows and market appointments
- Work with Buyer to negotiate favorable costs, terms and conditions with all vendors
Systems and Processes
- Manages the PO entry and revision process from item creation to confirming the PO details with the vendor
- Follows up with cross-functional teams including supply chain, merch ops and planning to make sure items and POs are being approved in a timely manner
- Utilizes BI Reporting and IP to analyze selling and create reports as needed
- Run and update ladder plans to provide framework for business insights
- Manage shipment tracking and communicate any issues between merch team, DC team and vendors.
- Facilitate process of MOS, Markdowns, RTVs, Attribute creation, deal pricing, marketing project requests and chargebacks
- Develop relationships with cross-functional teams such as finance, merch ops, allocation, planning, marketing, customer service and supply chain
- Aid in the resolution and communication of issues and solutions at the DC including overages, shortages, UPC discrepancies and import order delays
- Maintains open communication with vendor community on a daily or weekly basis
An Assistant Buyer should expect to spend 2-4 successful years gaining experience and mastering the required skills prior to consideration for promotion to Associate Buyer level. Constantly demonstrating initiative and a desire to learn and develop will help in achieving growth. Must exude the Five Below way through embracing core values.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BE AWARE OF FRAUD! Please be aware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiter activity by persons that are posing as a Five Below recruiters. Please confirm that the person you are working with has an @fivebelow.com email address. Additionally, Five Below does NOT request financial information or payments from candidates at any point during the hiring process. If you suspect fraudulent activity, please visit Five Below’s Careers Site at www.fivebelow.com/info/careers to verify the posting.