The Assistant Buyer supports the buying team to execute the seasonal buying strategy to achieve sales and gross margin goals. Responsibilities include gathering data, maintaining reporting, and preparing documents.OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy.
We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.ABOUT THE POSITION
The North America Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team focuses on our outlet, brand, and employee stores within the US and Canada. From merchandising to retail marketing to retail operations, there is a highly collaborative team working “behind the scenes” to ensure our consumers have a positive experience in our stores.
Columbia Sportswear is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our buying team. This role would help support the execution of seasonal buying strategy to achieve sales and gross margin goals through gathering data, maintaining reporting, and preparing documents.HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Provides accurate data enabling teams to analyze current business trends and taking action as needed
- Supports senior buyers with seasonal buys from planning through execution by preparing documentation, collecting and analyzing data, and creating visual documentation
- Participates in cross-functional meetings to gather key information and execute merchandising decisions
- Creates product catalogs to support seasonal strategy for leadership product reviews and retail stores
- Uploads orders and reconciles seasonal buys
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong in written and verbal communication skills, as well as have excellent presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree, applicable certification or equivalent experience
- 2+ years work experience in a related position
- Solid understanding of retail industry and specific metrics used
- Illustrator experience preferred
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.